Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Florida @ Valdosta III

Last edited by Argonut; 11-23-2019, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
        2016- Argos wore blue helmets all year and did not use Storm Troopers. JUST WOW!
        Just reading this sends shivers up my spine. The Argos have long and storied history.
        I have forwarded this post, in full, to Goffs' assistant. Perhaps he will read this, and figure it is futile to fight the Borg, errrr I mean Argo's.

Would not be surprised if VSU just cancels the game, and gives everybody an early jump on Christmas shopping.

... Resistance is futile.
        <>

Comment

lol

#BlazerNation

Comment

Why is every game a roman numeral game? UWF Wingate part II, UWF VSU part III. Dude, UWF and Wingate played 2 years ago. It is not part II, they are completely different teams. It is not UWF VSU part III. I would have been okay if you used Part II for this one since they played in the regular season already. None of the past seasons have any bearing on this game.
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

LOL! Goodluck!

Comment

No, we can't do that, I need an excuse to avoid Christmas shopping as long as possible. As for a sensible outlook on the game my initial observations include the hope that whoever prevails does so with as little injury as possible so their playoff run is not jeopardized. I will be a Blazer fan for the rest of the playoffs if they win this Saturday. I'm looking forward to this first playoff game between the two teams, look forward to many more in the future and I'm hoping this one sets the standard for exciting and compelling games.

1. Weather/Field-

The extended forecast calls for high 70's, partly cloudy skies and little chance of rain next Saturday. The Argos practice field is a synthetic turf like the Blazer stadium and they should feel at home at the Baze. Both teams and their kickers should have prime conditions to play their best.

2. Adjustments/Surprises-

Both coaches and teams will have learned from the first game and will make adjustments and probably plan a few surprises on each other as well. The Argos need to do something about Blazer short passes to RB and containing Blazer QB ad lib running, but containing QB is like stopping the Borg-futile. The end result of these adjustments and surprises should be a tighter game with multiple momentum swings, just the kind of exciting game that we fans love to watch.

3. Crowd-

I expect a bigger crowd than first game overall and on the Argo side in particular, which will ramp up the anticipation, tension and excitement for everyone. The Argos need to get their crowd involved early to have a chance at a win.

4. First Half Hole-

The Argos cannot fall behind by multiple scores in the first half like they have done in the previous two contests at Valdosta if they want to have any chance at victory. The Blazers are not a team you give a big lead to and escape with a win. I'm hoping the Argos take the ball if they win the toss instead of the usual deferment to second half-they need a quick start.

5. Recent Play-

Both teams appear to be playing well on both sides of ball since their hiccup with N.Greenville and the Argo offense appears to have stepped up a gear or two since their last game with the Blazers. Argos will be without GSC 1st team RB Mason who is out for year after injury in W.Alabama game, but have all three other RB and coach says team getting healthier as they move forward with other key players returning to field. Argo D returned to form against Wingate and needs same kind of effort and performance to have a chance this Saturday.

6. Going Forward-

Both Argos and Blazers are balanced offensive teams that throw successfully in contrast to the SAC teams on the other side of region bracket that run 2/3 of the time. Whoever wins at Valdosta should be in better shape physically for the next game compared to the other winner who may be more beat up from their run first contest.

7. Upsets-

There have already been a number of upsets in the first round with one telling Lone Star Conference re-matchup where Texas A & M Commerce went on the road to beat fan favorite to win it all, Tarleton State, after losing to them earlier in regular season conference play. This is a perfect illustration of the old rule that it's hard to beat the same team twice in the same season and especially if they are a conference foe you see every year. And as I was constantly reminded by multiple Blazer fans prior to the first game, I'd rather lose the GSC title game and win the playoff game on the road to a Natty.

Gooooooo Arrrrgggooosss!

Comment

<> <>
                  L

Last edited by Wide_Right; 11-24-2019, 10:54 AM.
                  <>

Comment

Originally posted by William Fisher Iv View Post
                    No, we can't do that, I need an excuse to avoid Christmas shopping as long as possible. As for a sensible outlook on the game my initial observations include the hope that whoever prevails does so with as little injury as possible so their playoff run is not jeopardized. I will be a Blazer fan for the rest of the playoffs if they win this Saturday. I'm looking forward to this first playoff game between the two teams, look forward to many more in the future and I'm hoping this one sets the standard for exciting and compelling games.

1. Weather/Field-

The extended forecast calls for high 70's, partly cloudy skies and little chance of rain next Saturday. The Argos practice field is a synthetic turf like the Blazer stadium and they should feel at home at the Baze. Both teams and their kickers should have prime conditions to play their best.

2. Adjustments/Surprises-

Both coaches and teams will have learned from the first game and will make adjustments and probably plan a few surprises on each other as well. The Argos need to do something about Blazer short passes to RB and containing Blazer QB ad lib running, but containing QB is like stopping the Borg-futile. The end result of these adjustments and surprises should be a tighter game with multiple momentum swings, just the kind of exciting game that we fans love to watch.

3. Crowd-

I expect a bigger crowd than first game overall and on the Argo side in particular, which will ramp up the anticipation, tension and excitement for everyone. The Argos need to get their crowd involved early to have a chance at a win.

4. First Half Hole-

The Argos cannot fall behind by multiple scores in the first half like they have done in the previous two contests at Valdosta if they want to have any chance at victory. The Blazers are not a team you give a big lead to and escape with a win. I'm hoping the Argos take the ball if they win the toss instead of the usual deferment to second half-they need a quick start.

5. Recent Play-

Both teams appear to be playing well on both sides of ball since their hiccup with N.Greenville and the Argo offense appears to have stepped up a gear or two since their last game with the Blazers. Argos will be without GSC 1st team RB Mason who is out for year after injury in W.Alabama game, but have all three other RB and coach says team getting healthier as they move forward with other key players returning to field. Argo D returned to form against Wingate and needs same kind of effort and performance to have a chance this Saturday.

6. Going Forward-

Both Argos and Blazers are balanced offensive teams that throw successfully in contrast to the SAC teams on the other side of region bracket that run 2/3 of the time. Whoever wins at Valdosta should be in better shape physically for the next game compared to the other winner who may be more beat up from their run first contest.

7. Upsets-

There have already been a number of upsets in the first round with one telling Lone Star Conference re-matchup where Texas A & M Commerce went on the road to beat fan favorite to win it all, Tarleton State, after losing to them earlier in regular season conference play. This is a perfect illustration of the old rule that it's hard to beat the same team twice in the same season and especially if they are a conference foe you see every year. And as I was constantly reminded by multiple Blazer fans prior to the first game, I'd rather lose the GSC title game and win the playoff game on the road to a Natty.

Gooooooo Arrrrgggooosss!
                    You're overly generous, with your assessment of the Blazers' recent performance. Do you truly believe we will play as we did in that game? I hope your team shares that belief, because if they do, they would stand less than the 24% chance that Massey gives them.

Comment

William, I think you might just have too much time on your hands. : - )

But just to play along - Valdosta State all time in NC game - we've won 4 of the 5 NC games we've played in. Averaged winning a NC every 3 years 9 months over the last 15 years.

On the "Storm Troopers" uni, the UWF equipment crew is probably still staying up all night trying to get the "all whites" all white after the muddy game at Wingate.

This weeks game - there's no real mystery here.

We have a pretty decent team. Y'all have a pretty decent team.

That D-line of UWF is super sized. Your receivers are tall and talented. The young quarterback has found his stride and playing well.

Hate that Mason is out - he's fun to watch.

We've had a week to rest and let bumps and bruises heal. Felt like we played a pretty decent game against West Georgia. Maybe we can build on that.

Hopefully we can find a way to muster up enough horsepower to stave off the Argonauts.

So just for fun let's play it.

Or in the words of Marvin Gaye, "Let's get it on" - (OK - maybe a little bit different context, but I think both teams will be ready and should be a good game).

Are the Argonauts flying over or are they riding a bus this week (after spending all that money last week the NCAA will probably put them on a Greyhound bus)? ; - )
                      Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 11-24-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

This dude is a trip. Lol. Yikes!
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

If this is the second time the schools have played this season, why is this thread labeled as "III"?

This will be the fifth time two the two schools have played, so maybe "V" is in order.

VSU holds a 4-0 series lead.

Comment

I will be in South Alabama for Thanksgiving watching the game in the camper. How many times I have done this with great results is adding up. I look to be celebrating come Sat. night out on the farm in Covington Co.
                            Should be a good one concerned that with school out attendance is going to take a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                              If this is the second time the schools have played this season, why is this thread labeled as "III"?

This will be the fifth time two the two schools have played, so maybe "V" is in order.

VSU holds a 4-0 series lead.
                              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X