Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Florida @ Lenoir-Rhyne

Next up for Storm Troopers is another trip to North Carolina to take on another good running team at their place between the bricks for another regional title.

Goooo Arrrgggooosss!

Argos NCAA Playoff Road Records

6-0 All-Time Road Record

3-0 Road Record Against #1 Seeds

3-0 Road Record Against GSC Teams

2-0 Road Record Against SAC Teams

Next Up Another Road Game Against SAC Team

Comment

This is going to be ugly for the Argos. Normally I would go for a GSC team, even after being beat... but not after today. So little class.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerChampion316 View Post
        This is going to be ugly for the Argos. Normally I would go for a GSC team, even after being beat... but not after today. So little class.
        How so ? You were at the game?
        <>

Comment

Just curious, what "little class" was shown? I'm unaware of this. I thought both teams fought hard and either one would have represented the GSC really well next round. Two great teams playing hard I thought.
          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerChampion316 View Post
            Little class indeed

Comment

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Comment

First off, congratulations on the big win West Florida! That was an awesome game from what I've heard, hopefully I'll find time to watch it this week. As a reward you get to take on the longest home win streak in the nation.

Based on above I can tell that my colleague here has not watched us play. I don't think this is a good matchup for WF, but they obviously do turn it on in the playoffs. We do not struggle with teams that are balanced, our defensive weakness is deep passing to tall receivers with an accurate QB. No one has run the ball on us successfully this year, and WF is not the best running team we will have seen, if the Argos try to go that route they will lose.

On the flip side, yes, we only beat Wingate by 7, but Wingate has also played us twice before under our current style, which might be the hardest to prepare for in college football. The ONLY team to stop it was last years Valdosta, and they did that with pure athleticism in my opinion. We will shift all over the place to throw the defense out of position, and then hand it off to one of 12 different potential running backs. Willingham is not as mobile as Valdosta but is capable of running, and we may throw our 2nd or 3rd string QB in there as well at any random point, who have both thrown passes this year, and are both capable of running the ball at a high level.

We are also electric on special teams and score on a play almost every game, we've had 3 blocked puts in the last 2 games, as well as several big returns and fumble recoveries.

The way WF wins this game is to win the turnover battle, if thats even then I don't like the Argos chances of even keeping this close.

Go Bears! To those making the trip up to Hickory have a safe journey!

Comment

I've only seen part of one LR game this year. In that game at least, it looked like they had expanded their offense from last season.

UWF's freshman QB has come into his own. The one thing that may give LR an edge is UWF having to make the long road trip after such an emotional game.

Comment

Nice take on the up coming game. I only disagree on 8 of your Analogies. Reminds me of the year North Alabama came to town for regional championship in 2013 and thought all they had to do was show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                        Nice take on the up coming game. I only disagree on 8 of your Analogies. Reminds me of the year North Alabama came to town for regional championship in 2013 and thought all they had to do was show up.
                        Ha.....I remember the last time the Blazers went to LR for a playoff game. It was a war! We won, but we were so beaten up we couldn't hardly play the next game and ended our NC run.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Remember it well Blazer Lady. We had 480 yards offense to Valdosta 280 yards. The difference was your coach. Our coach made so many stupid decisions it still is nauseating. 23-21 was the final.

Comment

Looks like LR leads WF in most all statistical categories. Fewest penalties, total offense, total defense, scoring offense, scoring defense, rushing offense, rushing defense. Head to head results LR 3-0 and WF 1-1. 15 game home winning streak and one of the best home stadium atmosphere venues in D2. WF does lead in passing offense though.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvin Everett View Post
                              Looks like LR leads WF in most all statistical categories. Fewest penalties, total offense, total defense, scoring offense, scoring defense, rushing offense, rushing defense. Head to head results LR 3-0 and WF 1-1. 15 game home winning streak and one of the best home stadium atmosphere venues in D2. WF does lead in passing offense though.
                              I think passing is the one way we could lose this game, if they can get #88 going and their QB is playing well. If they run that shotgun option they like to run, its going to be ugly. Screams fumble and injured QB.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X