Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Kerwin Bell - USF fired HC Charlie Strong

Just keep them away from my boy, Pete Shinnick. He's not interested.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

No.

Comment

Don't think so, he hasn't been there long enough, more likely he leaves and gets an HC job at an FCS, or another coordinator position.

Comment

Initial USF head coaching search Hot Board
          The initial hot board for USF's coaching search.

Comment

"Kevin O'Donnell of Fox 13 WTVT has reported that current offensive coordinator Kerwin Bell is not in the running to be promoted. It is unknown at this time which coaching staff members will and will not be retained with the change."

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
              Initial USF head coaching search Hot Board
              Interesting. I wonder if the new coach will retain him?

USF OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR KERWIN BELL

Another polarizing figure among the USF fan base. Bell, 54, was brought in from Valdosta State with high expectations to spark the USF offense in 2019 under Strong. It was the exact opposite. USF's offense scored just 20.8 PPG in 2019, good for 112th in the country. It proved incapable of stopping pass rushes, giving up the fifth most sacks in the country in 2019. Bell staying at USF would do wonders for the recruiting aspects of things, likely keeping a good bit of the 2020 class together.
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

He left VSU a year too soon. I knew it was coming he was going to win back 2 back and that would of made his resume more impressive and probably more opportunities

Comment

If his temperament weren't so strong I'd keep Bell (not because of his offense but because every parent and grandparent knows him because of his Gator days. His name is a good recruiting tool).

That said, I doubt he'll be retained.

I do expect him to apply for the HC job. We'll see how that turns out (did I mention he can recruit the heck out of the athletes in Florida? Also, Darveau was our recruiting coordinator and his son was more than a little active in that process as well).

All that said, I'd expect them to get a tried and true FBS coach to lead the program post-Strong.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X