Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: We're hosting ND!

Is there any reason to think ND has a chance in this game? Just curious as to what VSU fans thinks could be the demise of their team, just themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by deanmachine View Post
      http://www.hudl.com/v/27mEkn
      here is video of our 3rd string qb, Ivory Durham. he can "house it" too. even on a hail mary play isnt that right UWG? Yall may not want to watch his HS tape as it may bring on some flashbacks.
      Too soon.

Comment

Originally posted by D2FootballFanatic View Post
        Is there any reason to think ND has a chance in this game? Just curious as to what VSU fans thinks could be the demise of their team, just themselves?
        Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-04-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Absolutely. If ND can get pressure up front, I think they stand a better chance than most.

Ultimately, holding on to the ball and scoring will be the ultimate winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
            You don't have to convince us. Notre Dame is coming here because they're a good ball team. And McGlaughlin is obviously a good ball player. He'll get some yards (McGlaughlin has 346 totes (27 carries a game) and averages 6.5 ypc - I hope we can keep him from getting the 172 yards a game that he's averaged this season. If he does, your o-line will have played a heckova game).

We have some guys that can tote the ball too (they don't have 2300 yards because we platoon it between 3 RB's (fresh legs)). Primary guy (#20) averages 10.1 ypc. Has 1112 yards on 110 carries. He's fun to watch. Great vision - deceptive speed. Second guy (# 30) has 7.1 ypc. Both of those guys are freshmen too. Third string QB will get some totes (#9 - also a freshman - he averages 11.1 ypc - not even sure how to describe what he does, but it's fun to watch. too). Our QB even gets into the action from time to time. If want to "scout" us can go watch the Kerwin Bell show (probably a link in one of the threads in here).

Our pass-happy Blazers have turned more to the run game last few games. Have averaged 364 rushing yards over the last 4 games. I think that's a function of our o-line play as well.
            Good stuff! Appreciate the write up & feedback. Those numbers are scary. ND must play keep away.
            Last edited by every1ftballfan; 12-05-2018, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by every1ftballfan View Post
              What...? You all just left SR1.
              So what exactly are you trying to say????

Comment

Originally posted by every1ftballfan View Post
                ND must playbkeep away.
                Nah. Y'all are gonna do what y'all do best. We're gonna do what we do best. We'll see how it plays out.

You have an o-lineman as a head coach. One thing I'm sure of - offensive linemen like to run the ball. Stats prove it out - Falcons run the ball 63% of the time. You have a very good o-line. Y'all are coming out running. You're gonna mix in passes to #7 and 8. If we can stop it advantage us. If we can't, advantage y'all.

Same deal the other way: we're going to run the ball right at you. How well we do will depend on the quality and depth of your d-line and linebackers and the quality of preparation. We're also going to throw it. We'll try to stress your defense by stretching the field and forcing your defense to defend sideline to sideline (53 1/3 yards") and 50 yards down the field (that's basically the footprint of a 24,000 square foot building). If we're successful at those two things, advantage us. If not, advantage Falcons.

Honestly, what these two teams do ain't very complicated and it ain't mysterious. And in a national semifinal game neither team is going to try to re-invent themselves and come out doing something totally out of character. They're going to do what got em in the game to start with.

As Marvin said, "Let's get it on" (of course, I don't think he was talking about a football game - but I definitely am). :smile-big:
                Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-04-2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
                  Anybody know anything about them? What kind of offense they run?
                  They will be running scared by the second quarter. Valdosta 56-ND 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                    LOL, You have more confidence than me Bearhof

Comment

Not hearing anything from ND fans in either this post or the thread in the MEC is making me even more intrigued about this matchup.. I did watch some of the ND game when they played Fairmont St earlier this year and running the ball is definitely a priority. I distinctly remember a drive where ND ran the same play 3 times in a row, basically a go route, missed on the first 2 throws, and then scored a touchdown on the 3rd.

Very intrigued to see what ND is and what they can do in this game, definitely know and have seen what VSU can do.

Comment

Not hearing anything from ND fans in either this post or the thread in the MEC is making me even more intrigued about this matchup.. I did watch some of the ND game when they played Fairmont St earlier this year and running the ball is definitely a priority. I distinctly remember a drive where ND ran the same play 3 times in a row, basically a go route, missed on the first 2 throws, and then scored a touchdown on the 3rd.

Very intrigued to see what ND is and what they can do in this game, definitely know and have seen what VSU can do.
                        I have not seen or remember a lot if any Notre Dame fans on this forum. Their program is not that old and they are fairly new to D2 football.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
                          This will not be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by callen2525 View Post
                            So what exactly are you trying to say????
                            Don't listen to any noise callen, you're one of us.
                            Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X