• AFCA All Americans

Congrats to the GSC selections:

J.T Hassell, Sr. Linebacker, Florida Tech-- 1st Team

Devonte Jackson, Sr Running Back, West Ga. - 2nd Team

https://www.afca.com/sioux-falls-gab...america-teams/

#BlazerNation

Comment

Re: AFCA All Americans

No worries. Just gives us something else to prove. I have a feeling the VSU locker room isn't happy about this.....
      One thing these guys do is stick up for one another.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Comment

Comment

Definitely!

#BlazerNation

Comment

While I am stunned they do not have any Blazers, I was surprised to see 3 SAC guys.

Rucker, the WR from Mars Hill, has some of the best hands I've seen in D2 in my 10 years following. Had to look it up but he finished with 82 grabs from almost 1300 yards and 13 tds.

Comment

I haven't compared stats but that's what it comes down to, basically, when trying to name give these honors with so many student-athletes to choose from. Most of VSU's players don't have huge stats because they have played so many people and "spread the wealth" around a lot.
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Is Kerwin Bell a member of the AFCA?

Comment

We have some amazing talent, but we do spread the wealth - especially on offense. No one player really accumulates gaudy numbers (for instance, if RB Tompkins had his YPC average (10.1) with the carries of McGlaughlin he'd have over 3500 yards. But we're spread the ball between 3 running backs. We have 11 receivers with TD catches this year. If you're out to win football games it works great. If you're out to get individual accolades maybe not so (personally, I'll take the wins).

We're also very young (most of the guys on the AA list are upper classmen(.

Still, a little hard to imagine a 4 year starter at OL, multi year team captain and #2 vote getter for the Upshaw award isn't on there. A couple of others that could make a case for.

Regardless, there are close to 160 schools playing, each with probably 100 or so players. That's 15000+ guys playing ball. That list is a small drop in that bucket of all the guys pouring our their sweat and blood on the ball field. And I imagine for the most part those listed are more than deserving.

If we can be the last team standing those few guys on that list can have the individual accolades.

Let's just keep playing ball and see where we end up (if we'll play to our potential I think there's a good chance everyone on the team could well end the season very happy).

Comment

The AFCA Division II?All-America Teams Selection Committee is made up of , one of whom serves as a district chairman, along with another head coach who serves as the chairman of the selection committee. The coaches in each district are responsible for ranking the top players in their respective districts prior to a conference call between the district chairmen and the committee chairman on which the teams are chosen.

Comment

Originally posted by Braves'86 View Post
                        The AFCA Division II?All-America Teams Selection Committee is made up of , one of whom serves as a district chairman, along with another head coach who serves as the chairman of the selection committee. The coaches in each district are responsible for ranking the top players in their respective districts prior to a conference call between the district chairmen and the committee chairman on which the teams are chosen.
                        I wonder who the committee members for our district are.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          Is Kerwin Bell a member of the AFCA?
                          No.
                          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                            If we can be the last team standing those few guys on that list can have the individual accolades.

Let's just keep playing ball and see where we end up (if we'll play to our potential I think there's a good chance everyone on the team could well end the season very happy).
                            Spot on.

I had a team won the district championship in basketball. One of my players didn't get all conference or even honorable mention. The other players were ticked off about it. She said if that was the biggest disappointment in her life she would be really happy, and no one could ever take that trophy away. People tend to remember championships more than individual awards.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X