Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Florida vs Minnesota State for the Natty!

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvin, Marvin, Marvin, I don't foresee Coach Shinnick going anywhere for a long long time. He's built a great program that is attracting a lot of excellent talent (including transfers) which want to play in warm weather near a beautiful beach, plus I understand UWF is taking good care of their coach. I also believe that 'quality of life' also plays a big roll as to whether a coach wants to leave a school to coach at another school or not.

Comment

Congratulations Argos!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Marvin, Marvin, Marvin, I don't foresee Coach Shinnick going anywhere for a long long time. He's built a great program that is attracting a lot of excellent talent (including transfers) which want to play in warm weather near a beautiful beach, plus I understand UWF is taking good care of their coach. I also believe that 'quality of life' also plays a big roll as to whether a coach wants to leave a school to coach at another school or not.
          That rumor has been going a few weeks now. Double and triple his salary will be hard to pass up. I mean, hasn't he just accomplished what he was hired to do? That's very attractive to D1 schools with deep pockets.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Selfishly I'm sure all Argo fans and Alumni would love for Coach Shinnick to stay for many years. Realistically there have to be some big budget D1 programs looking at what he has accomplished at UWF in only 4 short years. What this team did this year is simply amazing. Beating three #1 seeds, four undefeated teams, the #1,#2, #3 ,#6 and #16 ranked teams, teams that had a combined 57-1 record before they fell to the Argos. It's a great day to be an Argo! Thank You Coach Shinnick!

Comment

He will be offered a d-1 job very soon. I say Its fifty fifty on if he takes it.

Comment

LR just hired NDC head coach Jacobs. Hope it works but changing our offense back from a very successful wing t is a bold decision.

Comment

I don't think he will leave. A quote I have always loved is, "Don't mess with happiness."

Recruiting would be a blast with everything he has to sell to recruits. He has everything he needs to build a dynasty. He already makes very good money. He lives in Pensa freakin' cola. He's got a freshman QB some people say might have some potential.
                  * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                  * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Hope your right on him staying.

Comment

FOOTBALL - The Scoop

https://footballscoop.com/news/west-...ational-title/

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                        I don't think he will leave. A quote I have always loved is, "Don't mess with happiness."

Recruiting would be a blast with everything he has to sell to recruits. He has everything he needs to build a dynasty. He already makes very good money. He lives in Pensa freakin' cola. He's got a freshman QB some people say might have some potential.
                        He may not leave this year. His salary is great in D2, but not compared to D1.

Examining UWF athletics salaries within Division II, NCAA context (PNJ)
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Lots of UWF alumni own great businesses in Pensacola. Get together, buy the guy a beach house and sign Pete to a lifetime contract.
                          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                            Lots of UWF alumni own great businesses in Pensacola. Get together, buy the guy a beach house and sign Pete to a lifetime contract.
                            Haha I like your optimism.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X