Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Argonauts!

Comment

How bout those ARGOS!! The GSC rules 2018,2019 National Champions! Congratulations for a magical year too. We'll see you guys next year hopefully not twice either!

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Wonder if the Blazers will wear all white for the game?
        Maybe!

Comment

FOOTBALL - The Scoop

https://footballscoop.com/news/west-...ational-title/

Comment

Congrats to the Argos! That was a fun game to watch.

Comment

In hindsight, I'm starting to think we weren't really the 20th best team in D2.
              * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
              * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
              * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
              * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterwolf View Post
                Way To Go Argos, You Lined Them Up #1, #2 And # 3, Knocked them all off. I hope the Head Coach will stay with UWF his whole coaching life. There are times when some things can never be better, He is where he needs to be. I for one will go to watch UWG play every time he comes to Cow Town with his team, I respect him a lot.
                Coach Shinnick seems like the kind of guy that might be up for a new challenge at some point in the future if the situation was right. If I were an AD trying to build an FCS program I would be throwing money at this guy. He is proven program builder.

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                  In hindsight, I'm starting to think we weren't really the 20th best team in D2.
                  LOL. VSU wasn't even ranked to start last season. So much for the efficacy of polls.

Comment

Thanks Argo's for keeping the title in the G.S.C.

Well Done !!
                    <>

Comment

Originally posted by Scooterwolf View Post
                      Way To Go Argos, You Lined Them Up #1, #2 And # 3, Knocked them all off. I hope the Head Coach will stay with UWF his whole coaching life. There are times when some things can never be better, He is where he needs to be. I for one will go to watch UWG play every time he comes to Cow Town with his team, I respect him a lot.
                      I believe there are a number of reasons besides money that causes Coach Shinnick to stay at West Florida, at least in the short term and maybe in the very long term.

1. Coach has stated on multiple occasions that he sees himself as and enjoys being a D2 coach.

2. Coach has also stated one of the biggest reasons he left UNC-Pembroke for West Florida was his belief that the West Florida program would be taking the regional playoff spot from Pembroke and he did not want to be on the outside looking in at playoff time.

3. Coach has repeatedly stated that he and his family love living in Pensacola and his children are students at UWF.

4. It makes no sense to build a program to national title and then not take advantage of the recruiting benefits of aforesaid national title.

5. Coach built program from ground up the way he wants it with no interference and leaving means cleaning up someone else's mess at another school probably with interference.

6. Successful D2 coaches can stay in one spot with family for a long time and they are not as subject to being fired after one bad season.

7. A successful D2 coach has a better opportunity to build a long term championship program at D2 vs. higher divisions.

8. Coach has never indicated, stated or implied that he is looking to move up in the future.

Comment

It's time for U.W.F. to move up!

;)
                        <>

Comment

That thought occurred to me later- maybe coach plans to replicate the North Dakota State model and stay put through the transition and pile up multiples in D2 and FCS before retiring as the Pensacola small college legend. No objection from me if that is his long term plan.

Comment

Lol. Good luck trying to dethrone NDSU. I'm pulling for James Madison in this year's FCS title game, but it's a tall task.
                            Last edited by UNALions; 12-23-2019, 10:38 PM.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X