Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

Ferris State and Minn State were both way better than Slippery Rock. SR scored 15 points against MSM. Our D would have shut them down like we did against Ferris and our O probably would have put up 60 before calling off the dogs. We would have taken The Rock to pound town. That would have been a terrible match-up. The score would have been worse than 58-15, why would you want to watch that?
      Shut us down? If you call us fumbling on 4 consecutive series in the 4th quarter in our own territory when we had the lead and committing 6 TO's altogether. Sure lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

Shut us down? If you call us fumbling on 4 consecutive series in the 4th quarter in our own territory when we had the lead and committing 6 TO's altogether. Sure lol.
        Every fan base says that after their game against us. We create turnovers, every game. Yes, for the team it happens to its uncharacteristic and doesn't usually happen. That's because that is what we do. We did that to everyone. We beat everyone. It may feel like a fluke to you, but it wasn't. It's what we do. So I call holding a very good offense to 14 points shutting that offense down.
        Last edited by West Florida; 12-24-2019, 10:08 AM.
        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Lots and lots of truth here. Great post! Everything you said is how I have felt and feel.
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Nothing at all gutterish in my thoughts. Just thought the terminology (drama) was funny. Still, probably shouldn't have thrown the middle school jab in there. Sorry about that.
            I'm just kidding, I kind of meant it both ways. Just spicing up the new offseason with no GSC football. Already missing it.
            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

I have felt like this would happen for a long time, like before we even had football. I always thought I would want us to climb the ladder and my hopes were that one day UWF would be what a UCF now is. I've actually changed my mind on that since 2017 and have continued to go over to the side of staying in D2 more and more. I love D2 football. Maybe someday we move to being a D1, but I love everything about what is going on right now. I think it's great for the school and great for the city of Pensacola and the panhandle. What I do hope continues is that we keep raising the bar for what it takes to compete with the best team in D2. If people think we are a D1 playing at the D2 level I think that would be nothing but a compliment to the program and school. My hope is that we keep raising that bar in all ways so that other D2 schools do look at us and say, "How are we supposed to compete with them? It's unfair." Until we are an absolute dynasty I'm happy to stay right here.
              * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

Every fan base says that after their game against us. We create turnovers, every game. Yes, for the team it happens to its uncharacteristic and doesn't usually happen. That's because that is what we do. We did that to everyone. We beat everyone. It may feel like a fluke to you, but it wasn't. It's what we do. So I call holding a very good offense to 14 points shutting that offense down.
                Ok. Seeing we led the nation in fumbles lost (23) and turnovers as a whole (34), hard to say that was uncharacteristic for us. We were just waiting to see when it would bite us in the rear. Our ball security was horrible all year long. I think we shut ourselves down more so than anything. That's not to take anything away from WF's D, it was good but it's definitely not the reason we only scored 14.

Comment

UWF fans have a lot to be proud of but I chuckle that these posts resemble the bravado of some UWG fans a few season's back. You long time forum regulars know what I'm talking about.

The strength of the GSC definitely shows in the fact that UWF is national champs and was national runners-up without ever winning a conference title.

Enjoy this off-season. Everyone starts 0-0 next fall.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

At least MSU put up 40 pts and almost tied the game ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                      To be fair, VSU probably wins it all if UWF doesn't knock them off. I still think they were the best team the Argos played all year.
                      I agree 100%. Your team was the best team we played as well

Comment

Yall beat yourselves with costly turnovers West Florida was fortunate to get the W that game

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

West Florida was fortunate in back to back weeks and I knew then they were destined to win it this year

Comment

Considering West Florida had at least a 14 point forth quarter lead in every playoff game, I guess you could say it was fortunate for the competition that the Argos had issues putting teams away;)
                            Last edited by Uwfalum98; 12-25-2019, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Interesting end of season football note-the Argos lead ALL college football programs in the State of Florida in wins (13) for the 2019 season! With two appearances in the National Championship game in the last three seasons, a National Title and the most wins in 2019, Pensacola is now Titletown for college football in the State of Florida!

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                                Considering West Florida had at least a 14 point forth quarter lead in every playoff game, I guess you could say it was fortunate for the competition that the Argos had issues putting teams away;)
                                I heard from some naysayers (not necessarily on this board) that UWF was fortunate in every playoff game, luckiest breaks ever -- weather, crowds, coaching, not enough time, "we beat ourselves," began to click too late, etc. It was funny to me, but the Argos are the last team standing!! I hope the Argos and fans enjoy the heck out of this 'cause the page turns to the 2020 season shortly, and the target will be on their back!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X