• Ferris St. vs Valdosta St Discussion Thread

Game notes from VSU
    https://vstateblazers.com/news/2018/...N8EvYOJlDSN3dY

#BlazerNation

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Re: Ferris St. vs Valdosta St Discussion Thread

I think I have a bad case of Blazeritis. Was up Monday morning at 4:00 or so re-watching the Blazers game against ND. Was up yesterday about the same time watching Ferris' game against Mankato.

Ferris is a very good team. We better bring our very best if we're going to compete well and prevail.

One thought out of the VSU/ND game. We gave up 24 points in the game. Of those 24 points 7 came off of a scoop and score off of an offensive blunder (fumble on an exchange between our QB and RB). Another came off a blocked punt in a special teams breakdown that set them up right on our goal line. Notre Dame has the HH finalist RB, the stud receiver (7), the big receiver (8) , a QB that's more than adequate and an offensive line that's very strong. Our defense really only gave up 10 of the 24 points they scored. That's pretty stout defense .

Offensively it looked like someone different was calling the plays than who'd called them for the first 12 games. 9 of our points came off of defensive or special teams plays (pick 6 and safety from a blocked punt). Thankfully we broke the long run by Tompkins for another 7. Other than those 3 plays our offense scored 14 points on the day. That's very un-Blazer like for the 2018 version of the team. Didn't feel like we attacked the length and width of the field as aggressively as we've done all season (actually felt like we did the first drive, and then somewhat abandoned that mindset after our second drive went awry because of penalties). We ran the ball 35 times and threw it 16. Not the balanced attack we've utilized all season. Hope we'll come out and attack the field on offense this week.

If we'll play defense like Verpeale has had us playing through the playoffs and get our offense back in attack mode we have a good shot against a very strong Ferris State team.
      Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-12-2018, 04:52 AM.

Comment

If I miss someone's pick in that thread then too bad.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
          I think I have a bad case of Blazeritis. Was up Monday morning at 4:00 or so re-watching the Blazers game against ND. Was up yesterday about the same time watching Ferris' game against Mankato.

Ferris is a very good team. We better bring our very best if we're going to compete well and prevail.

One thought out of the VSU/ND game. We gave up 24 points in the game. Of those 24 points 7 came off of a scoop and score off of an offensive blunder (fumble on an exchange between our QB and RB). Another came off a blocked punt in a special teams breakdown that set them up right on our goal line. Notre Dame has the HH finalist RB, the stud receiver (7), the big receiver (8) , a QB that's more than adequate and an offensive line that's very strong. Our defense really only gave up 10 of the 24 points they scored. That's pretty stout defense .

Offensively it looked like someone different was calling the plays than who'd called them for the first 12 games. 9 of our points came off of defensive or special teams plays (pick 6 and safety from a blocked punt). Thankfully we broke the long run by Tompkins for another 7. Other than those 3 plays our offense scored 14 points on the day. That's very un-Blazer like for the 2018 version of the team. Didn't feel like we attacked the length and width of the field as aggressively as we've done all season (actually felt like we did the first drive, and then somewhat abandoned that mindset after our second drive went awry because of penalties). We ran the ball 35 times and threw it 16. Not the balanced attack we've utilized all season. Hope we'll come out and attack the field on offense this week.

If we'll play defense like Verpeale has had us playing through the playoffs and get our offense back in attack mode we have a good shot against a very strong Ferris State team.
          Wow I done watched our game and Ferris State game twice this week and I agree with your post 100%. Our playcalling wasn't the same and I was hoping to see Ivory in the 2nd half to give our offense a spark plus he step up in the pocket and rollout more to see the field and avoid sacks. Our offense disappointed me as well along with crucial penalties and bad calls when we was about to extend the lead to 20 points on numerous occasions. We got to play superb football to beat this team and I honestly think they better than NDC and faster. As I said earlier this is the championship game come with a good offensive gameplan and bring out every trick play in the book and put Ivory on the field more than just 2 plays.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
            If I miss someone's pick in that thread then too bad.

Agree..Bah Humbug. :wink:
            <>

Comment

Have to admit I'm nervous, but if we play good sound ball we going to be hard to beat. I was also watching film early today I just love it. Looking forward to Dallas.

Comment

Offensively it looked like someone different was calling the plays than who'd called them for the first 12 games.
                We only scored 21 points on offense last week. Whatever caused us to stumble I hope we'll solve it this week. Otherwise I don't think it'll fare well for the flame red and black.

Rollodex, I think you're either Durham or you're related to Durham as much as you like to talk about him.
                Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-13-2018, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Noticed in the game that Kerwin Bell himself was signaling plays in to our offense like he did last year. According to Bell on his show his son Kade has been calling plays all year and grad assistants have been signaling them in. That put Kerwin in position to manage the overall game. That has seemed to be a much smoother process throughout the year.

We only scored 21 points on offense last week. Whatever caused us to stumble I hope we'll solve it this week. Otherwise I don't think it'll fare well for the flame red and black.

Rollodex, I think you're either Durham or you're related to Durham as much as you like to talk about him.
                  Nope......just sayin'.......

#BlazerNation

Comment

Noticed in the game that Kerwin Bell himself was signaling plays in to our offense like he did last year.
                    Gonna correct myself on this statement. At times he was animated, but don't think he was signaling plays (went back and looked at the ND game - most of the time he was standing calmly with his arms crossed and his legs crossed).

Comment

So, how to watch the game on ESPNU??

Now I have to find a freaking sports bar to watch.
                      <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

Download the WatchESPN app to your phone. Connect to tv.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                            Download the WatchESPN app to your phone. Connect to tv.
                            You need to have a cable subscription that has an agreement with ESPN. When I watch ESPN on my phone it makes me select my cable provider and log in through their gateway before it will show me anything. When I'm at home it "automagically" senses my provider through my internet connection (same provider for internet and cable) and doesn't make me log in, but it is still doing the authentication behind the scenes.

So people who don't have cable, or have a provider that doesn't have the agreement are out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra_Man View Post
                              You need to have a cable subscription that has an agreement with ESPN. When I watch ESPN on my phone it makes me select my cable provider and log in through their gateway before it will show me anything. When I'm at home it "automagically" senses my provider through my internet connection (same provider for internet and cable) and doesn't make me log in, but it is still doing the authentication behind the scenes.

So people who don't have cable, or have a provider that doesn't have the agreement are out of luck.
                              Definitely. The last time I looked at the list to find mine, it looked pretty extensive. The smaller cable companies may not have joined in.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X