Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D2 Championship Game......Just Imagine

Here's an idea, the NC location can be rotated by region and then by conference, with all qualifying school stadiums in the rotation. If you want to limit the amount of locations in the rotation, then one location per conference. To limit even further, there could be just one location per SR. This would work out to either a 16 stadium rotation or a 4 stadium rotation.

At the end of the day the game should be held at a D2 school, that's the nature of D2. It's nothing like D1 where the interest is broad based, it's tied to a handful of institutions and our championship should be as well.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
      Here's an idea, the NC location can be rotated by region and then by conference, with all qualifying school stadiums in the rotation. If you want to limit the amount of locations in the rotation, then one location per conference. To limit even further, there could be just one location per SR. This would work out to either a 16 stadium rotation or a 4 stadium rotation.

At the end of the day the game should be held at a D2 school, that's the nature of D2. It's nothing like D1 where the interest is broad based, it's tied to a handful of institutions and our championship should be as well.
      Great idea and post. Could be tweaked to fit whatever the President's felt is the best criterion for a "championship" atmosphere. The only thing is that I think this idea could be expanded a bit for a situation like the MIAA and Sporting Park (large mass of fans around a very accessible city and quality stadium). But, I like the rotation idea even if including that type of location.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
        Great idea and post. Could be tweaked to fit whatever the President's felt is the best criterion for a "championship" atmosphere. The only thing is that I think this idea could be expanded a bit for a situation like the MIAA and Sporting Park (large mass of fans around a very accessible city and quality stadium). But, I like the rotation idea even if including that type of location.
        Good point, one fix would be to let schools submit a nearby stadium, one that they would not normally play in but that they could easily host from.

Comment

Originally posted by BCBare View Post
          Nah, not even close. Maybe in the most horrific of traffic; as in a wreck that shuts down the interstate. Downtown is 10 minutes.

But I can be in Canton or Macon within an hour of leaving the Atlanta airport (map that).
          Do you ever try to cross metro-Atlanta from west to east up into Gwinnett County? From the downtown connector up I-85 to Pleasant Hill is regularly more than an hour on a weekday afternoon.

I've traveled the DFX metroplex. Perhaps its because I am not as familiar with it, but it seems much more vast than metro-Atlanta.

Comment

It's about a 30 minute drive from DFW airport to McKinney. Easy drive. Take St Hwy 121 out of the airport north exit up to the Sam Rayburn Tollway (still Hwy 121) to McKinney exit.
            Last edited by BuffaloChip; 12-15-2018, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Hummmmm, a NCAA National Football Championship Game, with zero tolerance of having a beer while you tailgate.

https://www.mckinneyisd.net/stadium/tailgating.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                Do you ever try to cross metro-Atlanta from west to east up into Gwinnett County? From the downtown connector up I-85 to Pleasant Hill is regularly more than an hour on a weekday afternoon.

I've traveled the DFX metroplex. Perhaps its because I am not as familiar with it, but it seems much more vast than metro-Atlanta.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
                  Higher seed hosting sounds great, until Minnesota St. is the hosting team and the opponent is from the south. 10-15 degree weather and a snow storm like they had with Tarleton St. and everyone on this thread will be protesting that it should be held at a neutral site with warm weather...lol.
                  Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X