Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWF thread 2020

Now that the 2020 season has arrived with the start of spring practices it's never too soon to look down the road at the first big game for the Argos on October 10 when Valdosta blazes into Blue Wahoo to exact payback for their home playoff loss to the Argos last year. It will be homecoming for the Argos and the game will likely feature two undefeated and ranked teams on a national showcase telecast with the sun setting in the west at kickoff for ideal and scenic playing conditions before a huge, packed and loud house. Both the Argo players and coaches are already talking about this game being circled on the schedule.

The Blazers will be burning to ruin the Argo's homecoming about as much as the Argos want to win their first home game against the Blazers and a chance to secure a home playoff game down the road. This will be the first big game of the season for both teams with both having played North Greenville earlier in the schedule just like last year.

It's too soon to determine what kind of team both will bring to Homecoming on Oct. 10th, but we can review the first four and last four years of both programs to see how their early evolution and current progress stacks up.

Valdosta (1982-1985)

Overall 20-23-1
    Home 13-10
    Road 7-13-1
    GSC (Finish) 10-19 (6th,8th,6th,6th)
    NCAA Playoff 0-0
    Titles: 0

West Florida (2016-2019)

Overall 35-17
    Home 13-7
    Road 21-9
    GSC (Finish). 19-13 (6th,2nd,5th,2nd)
    NCAA Playoff 9-1
    Titles: (2) Region 2 Titles, (1) National Runnerup, (1) National Championship

And to be fair to the Blazers we should also look at the last 4 years when they were playing the same teams as the Argos.

Valdosta (2016-2019)

Overall 37-8
    Home 20-4
    Road 17-4
    GSC (Finish) 27-5 (2nd,2nd,1st,1st)
    NCAA Playoff 4-2
    Titles: (2) GSC Titles, (1) Region 2 Title, (1) National Championship

In reviewing the last four years it looks like the Blazers are regular season dominant with the Argos playoff dominant, especially on the road in their all-white Storm Troopers. One thing is certain on Oct. 10, the Argos will be wearing their blue or green jerseys since there is no way the Blazers will agree to let the Argos wear their all whites at home. The Blazers are probably still having nightmares of flashes of white burning them for TDs and they want them to end. Gooo Arrrgggooosss!!!
    Last edited by Argonut; 02-27-2020, 10:52 AM.

Comment

You're absolutely right. The Blazers want Argo's to eat some 'pay-back pie'.

However, I would not forecast bother teams will be undefeated Oct 10.
      There are some good teams this year; sleeper is Mississippi State.
      They bring back most of their offense and 7 players from their defense,
      also ; West Georgia and coach Dean turning will be turning it around in a big way.

Stay tuned . . . .
      <>

Comment

Let's just wear the Stormtrooper whites as season!
        EZPZ! lol

Go Argo-Dogs!

Comment

Comment

Argo running backs coach (and ex-Argo RB) Leroy Wilson now playing and scoring TDs in 2020 NFL development spring league.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
              You're absolutely right. The Blazers want Argo's to eat some 'pay-back pie'.

However, I would not forecast bother teams will be undefeated Oct 10.
              There are some good teams this year; sleeper is Mississippi State.
              They bring back most of their offense and 7 players from their defense,
              Coach Leach will have his guys ready to go. The Bulldogs will present major challenges to both the Argos and Blazers! :)
              * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
              * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
              * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
              * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 03-10-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

All Argo home games for all sports and football spring practice are closed to public from March 13 to 30, subject to future modifications. Home baseball and softball games can be watched online.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                    All Argo home games for all sports and football spring practice are closed to public from March 13 to 30, subject to future modifications. Home baseball and softball games can be watched online.
                    GSC has cancelled all spring sports. Personally I would have preferred a postponement rather than a cancellation. Cancellation seems too final. Postponement is more hopeful.

*Correction. I think they did say suspended until further notice.
                    Last edited by BlazerLady; 03-13-2020, 05:52 PM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

IMO, it seems cohesion and playing as a unit are more important than size. That's why having several on the O-line that played 3-4 years together was a huge part of UWF's title run last season.
                      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Comment

For Argonauts viewing pleasure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDSWLTT_PDM

I am not sure why coach Goff did not call a timeout to stop the momentum, unless we were out?!
                          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                            For Argonauts viewing pleasure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDSWLTT_PDM

I am not sure why coach Goff did not call a timeout to stop the momentum, unless we were out?!
                            I got excited for a second. I thought this was going to be a link to the whole game.
                            * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                            * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                            * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

I got excited for a second. I thought this was going to be a link to the whole game.
                              I wish the game ended at 4th 10:00 minutes left.
                              <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X