Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you really thinking West Florida isn't going to be one of the elite D2 football teams for a very long time to come? I would say West Florida and Valdosta is kind of the new Alabama and Clemson of D2 football. Every year you know those are the 2 teams and others will come and go. Argos aren't going anywhere and West Georgia won't beat West Florida for a very very long time. 2018 was your last time for that.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

We needed a kicker so we went out and got an FCS All-American from Tennessee State. Antonio Zita, whose accuracy enabled him to set the school record for field goals made in a season will join the Argos. The Tennesee Tribune announced earlier that the Tigers will be losing one of their most reliable offensive weapons. Zita made 3 of 4 between 40 and 49 yards and was 1 of 1 from 50. Yeah, uh, we'll take that guy!

Can't wait to see this UWF offense this fall (hopefully, we get to). Very exciting to see some of the talent we are bringing to the panhandle!
      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
        We needed a kicker so we went out and got an FCS All-American from Tennessee State. Antonio Zita, whose accuracy enabled him to set the school record for field goals made in a season will join the Argos. The Tennesee Tribune announced earlier that the Tigers will be losing one of their most reliable offensive weapons. Zita made 3 of 4 between 40 and 49 yards and was 1 of 1 from 50. Yeah, uh, we'll take that guy!

Can't wait to see this UWF offense this fall (hopefully, we get to). Very exciting to see some of the talent we are bringing to the panhandle!

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

Are you really thinking West Florida isn't going to be one of the elite D2 football teams for a very long time to come? I would say West Florida and Valdosta is kind of the new Alabama and Clemson of D2 football. Every year you know those are the 2 teams and others will come and go. Argos aren't going anywhere and West Georgia won't beat West Florida for a very very long time. 2018 was your last time for that.

Comment

Absolutely. You've gotta cheer for the big boys going down. Outside of West Florida I do it every Saturday in the fall. I don't blame you.
            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Argos lose second home game with cancellation of Home opener vs. West Virginia Wesleyan due to their conference canceling all OOC games as result of virus. Now down to 7 conference and one OOC road game vs Southwest Baptist that becomes opener.
              Last edited by Argonut; 06-14-2020, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Street & Smith's Names UWF Preseason #1

�There are two significant reason West Florida (13-2 in 2019) will open the season at No. 1 � Coach Pete Shinnick and quarterback Austin Reed."

Comment

Just got the announcement that Commerce and Argos have signed a home/home deal and play Week 1 in Pensacola this year and in Commerce next.

Comment

Comment

PENSACOLA, Fla.���UWF and Texas A&M-Commerce have announced a home-and-home football series between the programs for the 2020 and 2021 seasons on Monday.

Comment

That is juicy indeed! I didn't mind the idea of just keeping the #1 ranking in our pocket until the Valdosta game, but if Commerce wants some then come get some. Anybody, anytime, anyplace. What a heck of a way to open up the college football season Thursday night. I just wish this game was June 16th. I'm ready!
                        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Y'all are gonna find out real fast who can and who can't.

I'd like to watch this game online. Should be a great test.

Comment

Comment

Oh wow! This will be very interesting!!
                              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

This is awesome! I guess I have to rebook our hotel now since we cnx since WVWU wasn't coming. We'll Definitely tailgating!
                                Last edited by GOX1; 06-17-2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X