Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man what a great job by both teams athletic directors to #1 pull this off and #2 have the guts to do it. We have a ton of respect for WF. These are going to be great games! I'll be at both, and will be passing by for a preview in about 3 weeks on my way to Panama City Beach....see you guys soon!

Comment

UWF re-opening info:
      PENSACOLA, Fla. -- The University of West Florida has put out its plan to reopen campus for the Fall 2020 semester. Channel 3 received a look at the drafted plan on Thursday. Trustees still have to vote on the Fall 2020 reopening plan Friday. Once approved by the Trustees, the drafted plan will be presented to the Board of Governors for approval at their meeting next Tuesday.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
        Man what a great job by both teams athletic directors to #1 pull this off and #2 have the guts to do it. We have a ton of respect for WF. These are going to be great games! I'll be at both, and will be passing by for a preview in about 3 weeks on my way to Panama City Beach....see you guys soon!
        Safe travels!! I've lived in Pensacola for 17 years now. Feel free to ask any questions when you come for the game!

This matchup reminds me of when TAMUC went to Florence to open up the season back in 2017. UNA had just finished runner-up the season before. Your Lions won 7-6 and went on to be national champs that year!

Looking forward to this one. UWF has a challenging schedule to start the season!
        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Man that was an incredible game. Oddly enough, a punt is pretty much what won it for us....downed on the 2, safety a couple plays later, ballgame. I think it was 8-7....weird score. That was the only game I haven't seen in person home or away in 10 years. Had to watch it on TV because of hurricanes Irma and Harvey. I work in insurance, couldn't leave Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
            Man that was an incredible game. Oddly enough, a punt is pretty much what won it for us....downed on the 2, safety a couple plays later, ballgame. I think it was 8-7....weird score. That was the only game I haven't seen in person home or away in 10 years. Had to watch it on TV because of hurricanes Irma and Harvey. I work in insurance, couldn't leave Dallas.
            You're correct on the score, my bad. I've blocked a few safeties against UNA from mind permanently. haha
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

You're correct on the score, my bad. I've blocked a few safeties against UNA from mind permanently. haha
              You're lucky....I've had to block out entire decades from mine hahaha

Comment

Don't worry WF. The Lions(0-2) scheduled the game because they could not beat CSU Pueblo(2-0) in the home and home series. So you have nothing to worry about! Should be a good game until the 3rd qtr when the Argos pull away. Bust the Lions egos again!

Comment

No way this season happens because this is all too good to be true for it to actually happen.

We just got Shea Campbell from West Virginia. He's a former starter there. Our linebackers would literally be Campbell (former starter at WVU) and Kee Whetzel (former starter at Oregon State). Not to mention a North Texas transfer and a Georgia Southern transfer both at LB as well.

https://www.dominionpost.com/2020/07...-west-florida/
                  * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                  * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

The Argos are certainty reloading to make another run, it appears.
                    Mark down another Division I talent set to join the ranks with the University of West Florida football team.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

This team would have been so fun to watch. I'm holding out hope the GSC bucks the trend and will somehow play and declare their own National Champion. Our coaches have done an absolutely amazing job!
                      * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                      * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                      * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Looking forward to this one. UWF has a challenging schedule to start the season!
                        That's one thing I have enjoyed about UWF is that they schedule good week 1 openers (would be Commerce this year, and C-N past two years). Some of the other GSC teams do as well and I like that. None of this playing Western Piedmont Community College horse crap.

Comment

My son just said the coaches just told them that they are playing Conference games. Their first game won't be until late Sept/early Oct.

Comment

Originally posted by GOX1 View Post
                            My son just said the coaches just told them that they are playing Conference games. Their first game won't be until late Sept/early Oct.
                            Just heard a snippet on the 5 PM news (WEAR). President Saunders (UWF) didn't reveal much. but she shared that the season will begin after Labor Day, later than originally planned/scheduled. How much later is left to be seen. Supposedly the GSC AD's meet tomorrow to discuss fall competition and scheduling.

Comment

GSC gone silo and that cancels heavyweight opener with Texas A & M Commerce.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                                GSC gone silo and that cancels heavyweight opener with Texas A & M Commerce.
                                That'll end up changing too. I'm almost entirely convinced there will not be college football this season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X