Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valdosta State Football 2020

Concluding an early spring practice, the annual spring game was played Thursday night.

Write up here:
    https://vstateblazers.com/news/2020/...Pc1Nq_WHeGwYuc

#BlazerNation

Spring Game write up from the Times:
    https://www.valdostadailytimes.com/s...r-ZYHZAki5OjeM

#BlazerNation

Comment

Have October 10th circled in red !
      <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
        Which reminds me........the Schedule!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Hey Blazer fans ; if you're bored like me. This is the best game I had the pleasure to watch, (in person.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN_QwCvDduA
          <>

Comment

Hey Blazer fans ; if you're bored like me. This is the best game I had the pleasure to watch, (in person.)

Love this!!! Thanks for posting!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

No 4th Quarter......

#BlazerNation

Comment

Here we go, BLAZERNATION!!!!

Football Saturday - Join with Blazer fans around the internet on Saturday in a virtual tailgating/ football event as we watch the 2018 National Championship game on youtube!

Tailgating at 2:30pm on Facebook.
                https://www.facebook.com/events/1318...tab=discussion

Game at 3:00pm on youtube
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwfR4vkR9Sw&feature=youtu.be

#BlazerNation

Comment

I'm not trash-talking with this post, just agreeing. Ready for some football and can't wait for this one! I hope both are in the Top 2 when they collide in Pensacola!
                  * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                  * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

I'm not trash-talking with this post, just agreeing. Ready for some football and can't wait for this one! I hope both are in the Top 2 when they collide in Pensacola!
                    Runner up, is like kissing your sister. ; ^ )
                    <>

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

I plan to hang out a few days in Apalachicola fishing and then head to Pensacola on Saturday. How long a drive is that?

Should be a really good game.

I haven't really studied up on West Florida too much as far as who they lost. How many starters from last year are back on o-line? All those receivers back? Who you got at RB?

I know we lost a few guys on both sides but a lot of folks are back on the Blazers that know how to win a ring too.

It should be a really good game.
                      Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 06-09-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I know they lost, #88, Tate Lehtio; who did considerable damage.
                        <>

Comment

Runner up, is like kissing your sister. ; ^ )
                          Uhh, no it's not. It's like instead of hooking up with the hottest girl at the party you ended up hooking up with the 2nd hottest girl at the party. It wasn't what you were most wanting, but you still did really good and it should be looked at as a great achievement.
                          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

I know they lost, #88, Tate Lehtio; who did considerable damage.
                            Lehtio and Randolph had 153 catches between them last year for just under 2300 yards. They're both gone, as is the left side of the o-line (LT - LG - C). I believe the o-line is a crucial foundation for championships.

One thing for sure - recruiting sure becomes easier when you can show NC trophies and rings.

VSU has some guys to replace as well. Be interesting to see who steps in, who steps up and how all that works out.

I'm thinking the Blazers-Argos game in Pensacola is gonna be a classic (maybe Game Day will be there (J/K)).

I'm planning to be there (I've been to every stadium in the GSC (including all the former Arkansas schools when they were in the GSC) except I haven't been to Blue Wahoo and haven't been to N Greenville's. Unless something unforeseen happens I plan to be in Pensacola.
                            Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 06-10-2020, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

I plan to hang out a few days in Apalachicola fishing and then head to Pensacola on Saturday. How long a drive is that?

Should be a really good game.

I haven't really studied up on West Florida too much as far as who they lost. How many starters from last year are back on o-line? All those receivers back? Who you got at RB?

I know we lost a few guys on both sides but a lot of folks are back on the Blazers that know how to win a ring too.

It should be a really good game.
                              You're gonna love the Appalach! Great fishing and a really laid back atmosphere. As for the Valdosta State game, it's gonna be fireworks and I can't wait! The Argos lost three awfully consistent linemen with 3-4 years of starting experience, and that can't be overlooked, but there were some solid TRs signed (and a few returners who played some). We've always been blessed with a boatload of great receivers (Lehtio/Randolph will be tough to replace), and our other skill positions are intact. Kicker will be important to develop, and we lost a couple of LBs and DLs, but all DBs return. I don't worry as much about the offense; it's the defense I worry about, especially looking at VSU and your QB/skill positions, and Mississippi College's always-hard-to-defend option game.

How's VSU roster looking -- who'e returning?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X