Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

I plan to hang out a few days in Apalachicola fishing and then head to Pensacola on Saturday. How long a drive is that?

Should be a really good game.

I haven't really studied up on West Florida too much as far as who they lost. How many starters from last year are back on o-line? All those receivers back? Who you got at RB?

I know we lost a few guys on both sides but a lot of folks are back on the Blazers that know how to win a ring too.

It should be a really good game.

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post

You're gonna love the Appalach! Great fishing and a really laid back atmosphere. As for the Valdosta State game, it's gonna be fireworks and I can't wait! The Argos lost three awfully consistent linemen with 3-4 years of starting experience, and that can't be overlooked, but there were some solid TRs signed (and a few returners who played some). We've always been blessed with a boatload of great receivers (Lehtio/Randolph will be tough to replace), and our other skill positions are intact. Kicker will be important to develop, and we lost a couple of LBs and DLs, but all DBs return. I don't worry as much about the offense; it's the defense I worry about, especially looking at VSU and your QB/skill positions, and Mississippi College's always-hard-to-defend option game.

How's VSU roster looking -- who'e returning?
      I've spent a lot of time in Apalach and St George Island over the past 30 years. It's kind of like my second home. Love it in the fall. Will likely retire there some day. My kind of place.

Out of the 46 people listed in our 2 deep roster last fall we lost 11. 4 on defense. On offense we lost 3 WR's, but none of them starters. 3 from OL. I was impressed with they way they looked in the spring (we were fortunate that Goff started spring early. Got the full schedule in including the spring game before everything was called off for corona virus. I thought that was a big deal headed into Goff's second year). Pretty much all our skill guys on offense back.

Last year for Rogan Wells. Would love to see him finish it off with another national championship. I think the talent will be there (in 2017 the Blazers made a mid-season turnaround. Since the loss to West Ga on 10-7-17 the Blazers are 28-2. I think we'll have another very talented team that knows how to win this fall).

Comment

Will we even have football come Fall?
        <>

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

I've spent a lot of time in Apalach and St George Island over the past 30 years. It's kind of like my second home. Love it in the fall. Will likely retire there some day. My kind of place.

Out of the 46 people listed in our 2 deep roster last fall we lost 11. 4 on defense. On offense we lost 3 WR's, but none of them starters. 3 from OL. I was impressed with they way they looked in the spring (we were fortunate that Goff started spring early. Got the full schedule in including the spring game before everything was called off for corona virus. I thought that was a big deal headed into Goff's second year). Pretty much all our skill guys on offense back.

Last year for Rogan Wells. Would love to see him finish it off with another national championship. I think the talent will be there (in 2017 the Blazers made a mid-season turnaround. Since the loss to West Ga on 10-7-17 the Blazers are 28-2. I think we'll have another very talented team that knows how to win this fall).
          You guys will be loaded again. October 10th is for home field in the playoffs and the winner of the playoff game between the 2 of us wins the 2020 natty.
          * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
          * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
          * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

I really don't think we have football this fall.
            <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
              I really don't think we have football this fall.

Comment

I thought we'd have an abbreviated season (7 or 8 games) until I saw that Valdosta State added a game opening weekend. Someone's optimistic that we'll be playing early (frankly, I'm not).

Comment

Argos now down to 8 games after losing Fla. Tech and now home opener vs. West Virginia Wesleyan due to their conference canceling all OOC games due to virus. Probably be difficult to find replacement and Argos only other OOC game on road vs. Southwest Baptist is now their opener.

Comment

Just stopping by to let you guys know...I miss you GSC folk, and the rivalries we had.
                    Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Argos replace opener against West Virginia Wesleyan with #3 Texas A & M Commerce at Blue Wahoo on Thursday, Sept. 3. What an upgrade and best home opener in Argo school history.

Comment

Valdosta State lost a sizable chunk of scheduled games with the SIAC and CIAA cancelling football for the fall......Wow!

Comment

Half of SR2 will not play this fall. Wow!
                          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

VSU could reach out to Wingate and Erskine, both have early season weeks open which would be SR2 games. Another option to fill a spot might be Edward Waters and/or Allen University (SC). Side note: both are currently NAIA but EWC was playing a schedule that primarily consisted of SIAC schools and I believe Allen has applied for D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                              Argos replace opener against West Virginia Wesleyan with #3 Texas A & M Commerce at Blue Wahoo on Thursday, Sept. 3. What an upgrade and best home opener in Argo school history.
                              Hilarious because both of those teams (Wesleyan and Commerce) bounced on opportunities to play home and home against a SAC school last year.

Comment

OMG, VSU just lost their first three games of the football season with this joint CIAA/SIAC announcement!! http://thesiac.com/news/2020/7/9/gen...ip-events.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X