Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida Tech

"Some universities will no doubt close. Florida Tech, however, has plans to persevere."

Hate to see this. Not good at all. We are still early in this mess. The long term financial impacts could change programs forever. College football this fall looking really questionable. Unbelievable how quickly things can turn for the worst.

Comment

Providing we have a season this is going to cause a lot of scheduling issues. UWF now only has 9 games and I'm guessing there are other GSC schools in the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
        Providing we have a season this is going to cause a lot of scheduling issues. UWF now only has 9 games and I'm guessing there are other GSC schools in the same situation.
        My guess is that if football is played this fall, no team will have an 11-game schedule.

Comment

Thanks for the memories FIT football, it was a fun ride. Hurts to see it end.
          PANTHER PRIDE

Comment

Dang. I know we're in unprecedented times but I'm shocked by this.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...ates-2020/amp/
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

This is sad, program was showing a lot of promise too. Fingers crossed this doesn't become a widespread thing.

Comment

I hate to hear this. The FIT-UWF game was a good rivalry that was gaining some momentum. That being said, I'm hoping that the fallout from covid-19, for all schools, is minimal. But so much can happen over the next 2 months, which is right at the breaking point for making a decision about the fall season. If football is played next season - either during the traditional dates or a later starting date - I would hope the NCAA would suspend/alter the 10-game rule for postseason play due to extenuating circumstances. This has been so difficult for all schools, but particularly tough on the smaller, private schools with smaller endowments that are tuition dependent. Fingers crossed for the best for FIT.

Comment

Originally posted by FIT Panthers View Post
                  Thanks for the memories FIT football, it was a fun ride. Hurts to see it end.
                  Hate to see this, Panthers. You guys don't be strangers. Come back and visit!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

With no treatment or antibody serum available by the fall to save the 2020 season I expect there will be a large reshuffling of football schools across all divisions with more terminations and dropping down a level or two. D2 may ultimately end up with more teams.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Hate to see this, Panthers. You guys don't be strangers. Come back and visit!!!
                      I'll be around. Always grateful to the fans and folks of the GSC!
                      PANTHER PRIDE

Comment

That's so sad to hear. I loved our in-state rivalry with them. They had a good team, I wonder if some of those players end up in Argos uniforms.
                        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                          That's so sad to hear. I loved our in-state rivalry with them. They had a good team, I wonder if some of those players end up in Argos uniforms.
                          It was a fun rivalry, always was a great wire-to-wire game every year. And it was another excuse to visit Pensacola, love the area.
                          PANTHER PRIDE

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

Comment

Originally posted by FIT Panthers View Post

I'll be around. Always grateful to the fans and folks of the GSC!
                              I see that we have made an offer to a FIT player. There may be others that are not official, yet. I see UWF is making offers, too. Those players who have done well on the field and in the classroom are going to get offers A good lesson, players!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X