Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

West Florida gets stud WR...and it may not matter.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Florida gets stud WR...and it may not matter.

I'm starting to wonder if I should even get excited when my school announces a new big addition. Will it matter? Is there anyway an NCAA season happens? I saw today it doesn't look like Alabama and USC will be playing their opener.

David Durden was announced today as the newest member to the West Florida football family. That isn't a small addition. Durden was drafted in 2017 as an outfielder by the Boston Red Sox. He played last year at Mercer (FCS school) as a freshman All-American and was also selected to the SoCon All-Freshman team. As a freshman, Durden started all 10 games for Mercer. He scored three touchdowns on five touches at Yale for 122 yards...not against Shorter, against Yale! Took a 95-yard kick return to the house vs. Western Carolina for a school record. He burst out for a 28 yard run against ACC school North Carolina on his way to 70 yards on 7 receptions and even threw a pass against the Tar Heels. On and on.

To lose the best WR in school history in Tate Lehtio and then be able to find a guy like Durden to take over his role should be a dream for an Argo fan. Instead, I'm left feeling like UWF vs Minnesota State might be the last UWF game I watch for awhile.

I hope like crazy I'm wrong. I miss West Florida football already and it's only May.
    Last edited by West Florida; 05-14-2020, 03:38 PM.
    * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Last edited by Argonut; 05-16-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Where did Coach post that content? I would love to listen to that.

I have had that thought about remaining the National Champion for another year if we don't have a season. Maybe it can put us that much farther ahead recruiting wise. Obviously that's me digging deep for a silver lining as I would MUCH rather have a season. I was really excited for the way our schedule lined up going into that Valdosta game at home. It felt like that could be looking at a 1 vs 2 matchup for homecoming and a chance to claim home-field advantage when we would see them again in the playoffs.
      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Comment

Found it. Thanks a lot!
          * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Speculation has swirled around USC's particiation in the Week 1 game against Alabama.
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 05-16-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Interesting article.

Was there a college football season in 1918?

per The Athletic.
                The 1918 influenza pandemic impacted every facet of life.
                Last edited by UNALions; 05-16-2020, 12:40 PM.
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 05-18-2020, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X