Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fewer Games

D2 Presidents vote to reduce schedules for all sports

Founded in 1912, the MIAA is a 14-member conference of NCAA Division II institutions in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, and Nebraska.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

I predict 4 games is all that will be accomplished before false negative virus spread and/or lack of transparency on positive test results shuts everything down with fall schedule. Potential lack of transparency over positive test results may have already reared its ugly head with construction workers who tested positive in past week and rushing to finish Alabama stadium renovation on schedule for opening game.

Comment

I'm holding out hope. I don't want to know what a fall looks like without Argos Football. If we don't see a drastic spike from all these riots/protests then let's just play football and live our lives.
      * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
      * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
      * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Here in Pensacola there are very few protesters compared to the numbers of people flocking to the beach and such.

In a report last week, the Escambia County Department of Health says its investigations show a recent spike in cases was spread within households and carpooling.
        ESCAMBIA COUNTY, Fla. -- Escambia County commissioner Robert Bender says this past weekend was the busiest weekend at Pensacola Beach on record going back to 2018, with 20,000 people each day. This as Florida's COVID-19 cases saw a significant increase on both Saturday and Sunday. Bender says people have been maintaining social distancing and he doesn't believe beach traffic is behind a spike in cases. "I think we still see people are spreading out," Bender said.
        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Morehouse just cancelled their season due to Covid-19 concerns, so it will be interesting to see if the rest of the SIAC follows. That could affect some of the OOC games for GSC teams -- does VSU play any other SIAC teams, perhaps Albany State or Fort Valley? Also, Clemson just had another group of players test positive for Covid-19, and the total who are positive/ recently were positive is 37 (only 120 or so on the roster). The big boys will play this fall, too much money to not play, but what about everybody else? I think the season will move forward....

Comment

Arete > Covid

Let's play some football! We have a championship to defend.
            * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
            * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
            * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by UWFMubbish View Post
              Morehouse just cancelled their season due to Covid-19 concerns, so it will be interesting to see if the rest of the SIAC follows. That could affect some of the OOC games for GSC teams -- does VSU play any other SIAC teams, perhaps Albany State or Fort Valley? Also, Clemson just had another group of players test positive for Covid-19, and the total who are positive/ recently were positive is 37 (only 120 or so on the roster). The big boys will play this fall, too much money to not play, but what about everybody else? I think the season will move forward....
              UWG was scheduled to play Morehouse.

VSU has games with Savannah State, KY State, and Albany State.

MC has a game with Albany State.

UWA has a game with Miles.

I didn't check everyone's schedule, but there is plenty of crossover.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X