Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

That question would be like talking about buying shares of a new stock based on what it did 4 or 5 years ago before it was in existence. It's the wrong question to be asking. This is about trajectory and future performance. Your question doesn't support anything other than to say West Florida is a newer program. That fact is well documented and agreed on across the board. What I'm doing is looking ahead and making a projection. On top of that, the only thing that looking into the past does is highlight my view and projection. In 2015, UWF only scrimmaged itself. 2016 UWF went 5-6. 2017 National Runner-Ups then obviously UWF reached the pinnacle this year. That's a hell of a 5-year rocketship of growth if you would put that on a chart. So now you look at all the built-in advantages combined with incredibly strong administrative support and that trend will continue. It's honestly still just getting started and in its early stages. Valdosta has maxed out what they can be or will be and that finds them just below UWF this year. So projecting that out further, it is not very crazy at all to easily believe that the chances for VSU to beat West Florida is what is in the past. Valdosta has had a nice history and should be proud of their program. Thinking they will be at or ever reach the level West Florida is going towards is 1 of 3 things. 1. Not being able to see the clear picture and being trapped in the past which enables one to project 2. Based on nothing but hope 3. Naive biased

I'll repeat my very rational projection: Valdosta State will never beat West Florida in football again. It just is not going to happen. If I would have said West Florida will win the National Championship this year before they did it you would have typed "LOL" and called me crazy. Yet it would have been 100% correct and rational. That same thing is happening here. I'm correct, but since you can't imagine that you are thinking I'm the crazy one.
    Wow! Mine was a simple question asked because I didn't want to look it up. Your mask might be too tight!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Lol. You're very bored, obviously.
      I dont understand the "bored" part. We are both on the same message board talking football. You're doing the same thing I am. Not really bored, I find it enjoyable to talk sports.
      * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
      * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
      * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

Wow! Mine was a simple question asked because I didn't want to look it up. Your mask might be too tight!!
        What's the "wow". I didn't take it personal. It's my thoughts and perspective. I'm feeling pretty loose. You are allowed to access a situation or have an observation on a situation and not be "tight". So if you want the answer to a random question which you would already have known the question to while claiming your question wasn't trying to prove some point...no. UWF has not won the GSC in their short time being in it. They have won a national championship in case you don't know that either. They also won't ever lose to Valdosta again. I don't say that "tight". I say that just telling you the truth while having my feet up and an ice tea in my hand.
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

What's the "wow". I didn't take it personal. It's my thoughts and perspective. I'm feeling pretty loose. You are allowed to access a situation or have an observation on a situation and not be "tight". So if you want the answer to a random question which you would already have known the question to while claiming your question wasn't trying to prove some point...no. UWF has not won the GSC in their short time being in it. They have won a national championship in case you don't know that either. They also won't ever lose to Valdosta again. I don't say that "tight". I say that just telling you the truth while having my feet up and an ice tea in my hand.

Comment

And taking steroids...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Superwolfe View Post

Hey! I resemble that remark.
                    Nahhh...I was referring to all those Shorter fans bragging about all the titles they were going to win. Them and the Terry Bowden SNOILs. ;)

Comment

It's not a jerk like response. It's my honest thought. I'd love for West Florida to always be D2, but my prediction is that they won't always be. I think West Florida will beat Valdosta every time they play for the next 5 or so years and then I could see some changes being made for UWF athletics. (Again, I love D2 and would prefer we stay D2) So it's just an honest opinion and evaluation that Valdosta will never beat West Florida again in football. I personally just don't see it happening. It's what I believe so that's not a jerk thing to say. I'm sure there are West Florida fans that find that hard to imagine. That's fine. My evaluation is that Valdosta will never beat West Florida in football ever again. The chances of that happening are very realistic and very probable. I'm not going to dumb myself down to make the crowd happy. You don't know that I'm wrong so you could be typing your "LOL" or your "jerk response" to something that is 100% true down the road.

Valdosta will never beat West Florida in football again. It just isn't happening. Please let me know when I'm wrong. You won't be able to.
                      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Valdosta will never beat West Florida in football again. It just isn't happening. Please let me know when I'm wrong. You won't be able to.
                        I'm gonna go out on a limb and make a prediction that West Florida won't win a single game this fall and that Valdosta State will be undefeated when the year ends.

Comment

It's not a jerk like response. It's my honest thought. I'd love for West Florida to always be D2, but my prediction is that they won't always be. I think West Florida will beat Valdosta every time they play for the next 5 or so years and then I could see some changes being made for UWF athletics. (Again, I love D2 and would prefer we stay D2) So it's just an honest opinion and evaluation that Valdosta will never beat West Florida again in football. I personally just don't see it happening. It's what I believe so that's not a jerk thing to say. I'm sure there are West Florida fans that find that hard to imagine. That's fine. My evaluation is that Valdosta will never beat West Florida in football ever again. The chances of that happening are very realistic and very probable. I'm not going to dumb myself down to make the crowd happy. You don't know that I'm wrong so you could be typing your "LOL" or your "jerk response" to something that is 100% true down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Superwolfe View Post

The only reason you would be right
                            The other reason is just if West Florida scores more points than Valdosta in every game they play going forward. To act like we will never play football again is nuts. That's not at all the point I'm making. I'd set the line at -7.5 if UWF and VSU played when they were scheduled to. That spread will keep growing as years go on. It's just really not that hard to see so I'm surprised at the strong disagreements. Have any of you guys followed the offseason recruiting for West Florida? It's almost like you guys are making your case without any real knowledge of the situation.
                            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

The other reason is just if West Florida scores more points than Valdosta in every game they play going forward. To act like we will never play football again is nuts. That's not at all the point I'm making. I'd set the line at -7.5 if UWF and VSU played when they were scheduled to. That spread will keep growing as years go on. It's just really not that hard to see so I'm surprised at the strong disagreements. Have any of you guys followed the offseason recruiting for West Florida? It's almost like you guys are making your case without any real knowledge of the situation.
                              I will take Valdosta +.5 for the next 5 seasons. What is our wager?

Lots of things can go wrong in D2 football. A key injury, a transfer cancer, coaches take other jobs mid-season and check out, and the outstanding GSC officials can sway a game either way regardless of talent. Valdosta has been pretty dang good for a long time, I don't see there being such a talent mismatch that UWF can overcome the football gods every season until they transition to the AFC East.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X