Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I must admit, Argo arrogance is getting to me

I understand that we must walk circumspectly, for we now enter this forum in trepidation, consternation and foreboding that a reminder of our inferiority is only a moment away. We Conference Champion Blazers and other former conference and National champions are now merely servile peasantry. Thank goodness football will be played again, some day.

I'm just wondering if a close win will simmer some of the arrogance or will it take a beat down? Will a beat down squelch the riotous postings or will we have to endure until our next NC?

I will admit that our handful of NC's does cause us to post with a bit of pomposity but I can't believe we were ever this obnoxious, if so, I beg pardon.

Reminds me of the UNA folks back in the Terry Bowden days (except UNA didn't win any championship. I also think Shinnick is 10 times the coach Terry Bowden ever was).

I truly don't think we're gonna have a season this year. Just too much covid making the rounds. I think if it gets started it's gonna get short circuited when covid starts spreading among the teams and seasons have to be cancelled for those teams that get hit with it.

I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time chasing redfish and whitetails this fall ( I sure hope I'm wrong on the football part).
    Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 07-24-2020, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Several schools have contracted Mac Davis disease over the past several years...

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
        Reminds me of the UNA folks back in the Terry Bowden days (except UNA didn't win any championship. I also think Shinnick is 10 times the coach Terry Bowden ever was).

I truly don't think we're gonna have a season this year. Just too much covid making the rounds. I think if it gets started it's gonna get short circuited when covid starts spreading among the teams and seasons have to be cancelled for those teams that get hit with it.

I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time chasing redfish and whitetails this fall ( I sure hope I'm wrong on the football part).
        Football is too beloved, especially college football, there'll be a season. To have college football though, we need to have actual college. Professors behind Plexiglas, a dorm reserved for symptomatic students and the ability for students who wish, to attend via video are just some ideas on how that can happen. Having students on campus would be a means of keeping millions of young people away from the rest of us, a sort of quarantine.

The season will probably have to be shortened to the minimum amount of games and at least in D2, the playoff field should be expanded for this season

Comment

most recover within in a year or so!

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
            most recover within in a year or so!
            LOL, although this crop seems more fervent than pass manifestations, no one has had to be banned, so I guess it's not as bad as it seems :)

Comment

Comment

LOL, you're on today!

Comment

The term Nouveau Riche comes to mind when I think of the UWF posters. Lol. Just like the UWG posters when Will Hall was there a few years back.

At least UNA and VSU smack talkers are/were supporting programs with long-term success and multiple national titles.

DSU and UWA have also had some of those posters when they have had playoff-bound seasons. It's just part of this board.

Living in Pensacola, though, I'm very happy UWF has done so well. But, it will take years to win over the support of most of the community. Too long was this town focused on D1 teams. I still meet people that don't even realize the Argos have a football team.

So, while I roll my eyes at some of their posts, I'm just happy that the Argos are finally acquiring some die hard fans who come on here and post. Been a long time coming.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                    The term Nouveau Riche comes to mind when I think of the UWF posters. Lol. Just like the UWG posters when Will Hall was there a few years back.

At least UNA and VSU smack talkers are/were supporting programs with long-term success and multiple national titles.

DSU and UWA have also had some of those posters when they have had playoff-bound seasons. It's just part of this board.

Living in Pensacola, though, I'm very happy UWF has done so well. But, it will take years to win over the support of most of the community. Too long was this town focused on D1 teams. I still meet people that don't even realize the Argos have a football team.

So, while I roll my eyes at some of their posts, I'm just happy that the Argos are finally acquiring some die hard fans who come on here and post. Been a long time coming.
                    Lions... did you find it ironic that VSU fans would start a thread complaining about arrogant fans???
                    Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

LOLLL! UWF football ain't been around long enough to be foremost in the minds of Pensacola sports fans, but we refuse to sit at the little kids table for GSC football! Success is fleeting and we want to get our licks in when we can, so prepare for even more trash talk :) Nouveau Riche, old money, it all spends the same!

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Football is too beloved, especially college football, there'll be a season. To have college football though, we need to have actual college. Professors behind Plexiglas, a dorm reserved for symptomatic students and the ability for students who wish, to attend via video are just some ideas on how that can happen. Having students on campus would be a means of keeping millions of young people away from the rest of us, a sort of quarantine.

The season will probably have to be shortened to the minimum amount of games and at least in D2, the playoff field should be expanded for this season
                        Basketball is beloved too (but they sure cancelled March Madness). That was a financial gut punch as well (ask any AD at any level how cancelling March Madness affected them). I understand it was a really big deal in D2.

Competition: So now we know from the GSC that the season is being shortened at least until October (meaning it'll be re-evaluated as that gets closer in order to determine if it'll be safe to play. I imagine if it's not that'll be the end of any hopes for football this fall). I hope our piece of the world is no longer being held hostage by covid then.

A big question now is will the NCAA allow championships. I've heard that a ruling will be coming out on that soon (I don't believe that'd affect FBS since their NC is played/run outside the boundaries of NCAA jurisdiction). If no playoffs/championships and a shortened season will be interesting to see what seniors do (champions want to play for championships). If the season's cancelled will the seniors move on and go about their lives or will they stay to play? Will seniors be allowed to redshirt because of what's happening?

Will be interesting to see how all that plays out in the coming days and weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by UNA_Texan View Post

Lions... did you find it ironic that VSU fans would start a thread complaining about arrogant fans???
                          Pot calling the kettle black? LOL, Yea, I guess

But our arrogance is steeped in a tradition of winning and tempered by tough losses that I believe cause us to have more respect the rest of the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Basketball is beloved too (but they sure cancelled March Madness). That was a financial gut punch as well (ask any AD at any level how cancelling March Madness affected them). I understand it was a really big deal in D2.

Competition: So now we know from the GSC that the season is being shortened at least until October (meaning it'll be re-evaluated as that gets closer in order to determine if it'll be safe to play. I imagine if it's not that'll be the end of any hopes for football this fall). I hope our piece of the world is no longer being held hostage by covid then.

A big question now is will the NCAA allow championships. I've heard that a ruling will be coming out on that soon (I don't believe that'd affect FBS since their NC is played/run outside the boundaries of NCAA jurisdiction). If no playoffs/championships and a shortened season will be interesting to see what seniors do (champions want to play for championships). If the season's cancelled will the seniors move on and go about their lives or will they stay to play? Will seniors be allowed to redshirt because of what's happening?

Will be interesting to see how all that plays out in the coming days and weeks.
                            Of course you're right but, March was right at the beginning of the onslaught, we've had time to adjust, so I have hope

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Pot calling the kettle black? LOL, Yea, I guess

But our arrogance is steeped in a tradition of winning and tempered by tough losses that I believe cause us to have more respect the rest of the conference.
                              Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X