Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm telling you! Quick success is commendable but the agony of defeat sweetens the thrill of victory exponentially.

Comment

Arrogant yes but the success has allowed for some. When the program dips, And it will , then we will see.

You should go back to the day of the mighty wtamu buff arrogance a decade ago all that boasting and couldn't even get out of regionals.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Football is too beloved, especially college football, there'll be a season. To have college football though, we need to have actual college. Professors behind Plexiglas, a dorm reserved for symptomatic students and the ability for students who wish, to attend via video are just some ideas on how that can happen. Having students on campus would be a means of keeping millions of young people away from the rest of us, a sort of quarantine.

The season will probably have to be shortened to the minimum amount of games and at least in D2, the playoff field should be expanded for this season

Comment

There are some discussion in the lsc that there might be two parts of the season. The NCAA has pushed back the time to finish for fall sports to May. So u might see four games in fall four games in spring kinda of deal
          Last edited by the Northeasterner; 08-01-2020, 02:30 PM. Reason: Fixing typo

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
            Arrogant yes but the success has allowed for some. When the program dips, And it will , then we will see.

You should go back to the day of the mighty wtamu buff arrogance a decade ago all that boasting and couldn't even get out of regionals.
            I would give them this, I believe they would have given the Blazers a better game than WSSU

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
              I understand that we must walk circumspectly, for we now enter this forum in trepidation, consternation and foreboding that a reminder of our inferiority is only a moment away. We Conference Champion Blazers and other former conference and National champions are now merely servile peasantry. Thank goodness football will be played again, some day.

I'm just wondering if a close win will simmer some of the arrogance or will it take a beat down? Will a beat down squelch the riotous postings or will we have to endure until our next NC?

I will admit that our handful of NC's does cause us to post with a bit of pomposity but I can't believe we were ever this obnoxious, if so, I beg pardon.

Comment

I admire the success at such a fast pace. It is really a tremendous achievement.

But I am sorry to admit I can't take them too serious because I remember Go Argos Go. Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_nrh6q7Q58w

But my team hasn't been to good for a while lol

Comment

"I must admit, Argo arrogance is getting to me"

Hahaha, that is very funny. Many Valdosta fans on this board were so arrogant and dismissive towards West Florida and the UWF posters that the subject for this is hilarious. Some Valdosta fans were even giving us nice little warnings to not get our hopes up so that we don't cry ourselves to sleep after getting our hearts broken when we can't measure up to Valdosta State. The truth is, Valdosta will never ever measure up to West Florida again. Little Valdosta will wait until West Florida eventually moves up and they will then pretend West Florida never existed. West Florida now has another calendar year to recruit as the defending D2 National Champion. That will separate them even further from Valdosta. It's honestly not fair. Everything about West Florida is better than Valdosta. There isn't a recruit that didn't grow up in Valdosta that wouldn't much rather go to West Florida if given the chance.

It's silly and surprising that you guys can't see that your little run is over. The West Florida and Valdosta match-up won't even be a rivalry for very long, Valdosta was conquered by the Argos in the playoffs and will NEVER beat West Florida again. It won't happen because by the time we play football again the schools will be on completely different levels when it comes to talent. It was already going to be heading in that direction in the years to come and this just speeds that up. Valdosta will annually play for 2nd in GSC and try to move forward in the playoffs until they play UWF and then the Blazers will start their offseason the very next day. VSU fans will soon cry that it's not fair because West Florida has all the advantages and there is no way little Valdosta can compete (which is true). That will be repeated until West Florida is no longer in the same division as little Valdosta. VSU posters were the insanely cocky ones and now we've got teardrops coming from the same posters months later.

Valdosta State will never beat West Florida again. That's just an obvious fact.
                  * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                  * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                  * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                  * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                    "I must admit, Argo arrogance is getting to me"

Hahaha, that is very funny. Many Valdosta fans on this board were so arrogant and dismissive towards West Florida and the UWF posters that the subject for this is hilarious. Some Valdosta fans were even giving us nice little warnings to not get our hopes up so that we don't cry ourselves to sleep after getting our hearts broken when we can't measure up to Valdosta State. The truth is, Valdosta will never ever measure up to West Florida again. Little Valdosta will wait until West Florida eventually moves up and they will then pretend West Florida never existed. West Florida now has another calendar year to recruit as the defending D2 National Champion. That will separate them even further from Valdosta. It's honestly not fair. Everything about West Florida is better than Valdosta. There isn't a recruit that didn't grow up in Valdosta that wouldn't much rather go to West Florida if given the chance.

It's silly and surprising that you guys can't see that your little run is over. The West Florida and Valdosta match-up won't even be a rivalry for very long, Valdosta was conquered by the Argos in the playoffs and will NEVER beat West Florida again. It won't happen because by the time we play football again the schools will be on completely different levels when it comes to talent. It was already going to be heading in that direction in the years to come and this just speeds that up. Valdosta will annually play for 2nd in GSC and try to move forward in the playoffs until they play UWF and then the Blazers will start their offseason the very next day. VSU fans will soon cry that it's not fair because West Florida has all the advantages and there is no way little Valdosta can compete (which is true). That will be repeated until West Florida is no longer in the same division as little Valdosta. VSU posters were the insanely cocky ones and now we've got teardrops coming from the same posters months later.

Valdosta State will never beat West Florida again. That's just an obvious fact.
                    LMAO. You're bored today? Off work? Too much sun at the beach? Too many Diesel Fuels at Flounders??
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

LMAO. You're bored today? Off work? Too much sun at the beach? Too many Diesel Fuels at Flounders??
                      Not really bored, just content. If you like your job you never go to work. Perfect amount of sun. I had tuna nachos at The Grand Marlin and then later in the day had a couple of bushwhackers, but I do love diesel fuels. Do you question what I said about West Florida vs Valdosta though? Valdosta isn't beating West Florida again in football. I probably wasn't clear on that, I was just talking about football. Their basketball team could beat UWF the next 5 times, I don't know. I was just talking football. It just seems a little far fetched to think Valdosta would ever beat West Florida again in football.
                      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Not really bored, just content. If you like your job you never go to work. Perfect amount of sun. I had tuna nachos at The Grand Marlin and then later in the day had a couple of bushwhackers, but I do love diesel fuels. Do you question what I said about West Florida vs Valdosta though? Valdosta isn't beating West Florida again in football. I probably wasn't clear on that, I was just talking about football. Their basketball team could beat UWF the next 5 times, I don't know. I was just talking football. It just seems a little far fetched to think Valdosta would ever beat West Florida again in football.
                        LMAO. Bless your heart. Are you new as a college football fan?
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Trying to recall, has UWF ever been GSC Champions?

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
                            Trying to recall, has UWF ever been GSC Champions?
                            That question would be like talking about buying shares of a new stock based on what it did 4 or 5 years ago before it was in existence. It's the wrong question to be asking. This is about trajectory and future performance. Your question doesn't support anything other than to say West Florida is a newer program. That fact is well documented and agreed on across the board. What I'm doing is looking ahead and making a projection. On top of that, the only thing that looking into the past does is highlight my view and projection. In 2015, UWF only scrimmaged itself. 2016 UWF went 5-6. 2017 National Runner-Ups then obviously UWF reached the pinnacle this year. That's a hell of a 5-year rocketship of growth if you would put that on a chart. So now you look at all the built-in advantages combined with incredibly strong administrative support and that trend will continue. It's honestly still just getting started and in its early stages. Valdosta has maxed out what they can be or will be and that finds them just below UWF this year. So projecting that out further, it is not very crazy at all to easily believe that the chances for VSU to beat West Florida is what is in the past. Valdosta has had a nice history and should be proud of their program. Thinking they will be at or ever reach the level West Florida is going towards is 1 of 3 things. 1. Not being able to see the clear picture and being trapped in the past which enables one to project 2. Based on nothing but hope 3. Naive biased

I'll repeat my very rational projection: Valdosta State will never beat West Florida in football again. It just is not going to happen. If I would have said West Florida will win the National Championship this year before they did it you would have typed "LOL" and called me crazy. Yet it would have been 100% correct and rational. That same thing is happening here. I'm correct, but since you can't imagine that you are thinking I'm the crazy one.
                            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

LMAO. Bless your heart. Are you new as a college football fan?
                              "Bless your heart" doesn't change what will happen in the future to make me correct.
                              * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS

Comment

"Bless your heart" doesn't change what will happen in the future to make me correct.
                                Lol. You're very bored, obviously.
                                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X