Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSC Update It's Official

Just got this update from VSU page about going to ALL GSC conference games. Won't make any difference for us as our SIAC games were all cancelled (our first three games!), and the remaining games were our GSC folk anyway!
    https://www.facebook.com/26726531995...925787241/?d=n

I was just seeing this article from WUWF.
    The start of fall sports at the University of West Florida and other universities in the Gulf South Conference has been delayed. That means student
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

D2 has cancelled fall championships.
      NCAA Division II and III fall sport championships were canceled Wednesday.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

GSC just announced no conference competition in football until Jan. 1. I seriously doubt spring football will work, but I guess we can hope for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
          GSC just announced no conference competition in football until Jan. 1. I seriously doubt spring football will work, but I guess we can hope for the best.
          Thanks for the update. UNA's football conference, the Big South, just announced the same but will allow up to four non-conference games this fall.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Thanks for the update. UNA's football conference, the Big South, just announced the same but will allow up to four non-conference games this fall.
            Maybe a chance of exhibition game between Argos and Lions at Blue Wahoo?

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post

Maybe a chance of exhibition game between Argos and Lions at Blue Wahoo?
              I would love that! However, UNA currently has four non-conference games scheduled against Western Illinois, Jacksonville State, UT-Chattanooga, & BYU. A fifth was scheduled against Virginia Tech but the ACC canceled all but one non-conference game for each team.

Who knows how it will all shake out, though. This crazy year gets even crazier!
              Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Just an update:

UNA had a press conference today to announce a four-game nonconference fall season.

10/3 - @ Liberty*

10/17 - Jacksonville State (in Florence)

11/7 - @ Southern Mississippi

11/21 - @ BYU

* Not announced but alluded to by coach and AD. Said should be announced very soon. I hear it will be announced/confirmed by Liberty tomorrow.

The sole home game in Braly Stadium will be capped at 50% attendance with mandatory masks and temperature checks.

JSU and BYU were originally scheduled but this is a different date for the Jax State game. If it all happens (still have my fingers crossed), this will be the first time the Gamecocks have played in Florence since the 1992 D2 title game. I think it's the first time meeting against all three FBS opponents.
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                  Just an update:

UNA had a press conference today to announce a four-game nonconference fall season.

10/3 - @ Liberty*

10/17 - Jacksonville State (in Florence)

11/7 - @ Southern Mississippi

11/21 - @ BYU

* Not announced but alluded to by coach and AD. Said should be announced very soon. I hear it will be announced/confirmed by Liberty tomorrow.

The sole home game in Braly Stadium will be capped at 50% attendance with mandatory masks and temperature checks.

JSU and BYU were originally scheduled but this is a different date for the Jax State game. If it all happens (still have my fingers crossed), this will be the first time the Gamecocks have played in Florence since the 1992 D2 title game. I think it's the first time meeting against all three FBS opponents.

With it only being four games, will the players be able to count this as a redshirt season?

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

With it only being four games, will the players be able to count this as a redshirt season?
                    Well, that was all a gray area when mentioned in the press conference. Of course, the Big South still intends on trying to play the conference schedule in the spring. We shall see.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X