Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 VSU Blazers

What would you guys suggest was the best part of that team?

It was a well rounded team on both sides of the ball but the o-line was dominant (I strongly believe championships are won in the trenches).

Frankly, at the time I believe the 3rd best player on the o-line was Ryan Schraeder (he was physically a beast but he'd only played 2 years of organized football). He ended up playing 6 years for the Falcons. All Pro in 2015 and one of the highest ranked tackles in the NFL. When I think of Schaeder I think of pure toughness. I believe Edmund Kubligba was the best o-lineman I've seen at VSU. He was drafted in the 4th round by the Carolina Panthers. Ended up injured and never played a game as a pro. He had great size (I believe was around 370 when he got here but slimmed down to a sleek 320 or so as a senior). He was very mobile. Mesh Wokamaty was a beast at right tackle as well. Probably the most athletic on that o-line at 6'7" and 310 or so.

Team leadership also came from left guard Cam Short. No one outworked Cam. He was a great leader and an inspiration to the whole team. Jake Thomas was extremely solid at center as well.

Those guys could play and are all a great group of guys.

Beyond that there were some exceptional coaches. Also, player/senior leadership was a key component of that championship team.
    Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 08-05-2020, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

The chemistry was rooted in 3 or 4 leaders that stepped up and got everyone pulling together.

It was very neat to watch (we also had some exceptional young coaches on that team).

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

The chemistry was rooted in 3 or 4 leaders that stepped up and got everyone pulling together.

It was very neat to watch (we also had some exceptional young coaches on that team).
          It was a lot of fun to watch, something I will never forget.
          Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X