Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick A Fork In Us!

https://gscsports.org/news/2020/8/11...20-season.aspx 2020 season is history! Probably best in light of every other Region 2 conferences cancelled too!

Sad......I was looking at some on my football albums on Facebook.......and was wondering, will it ever be like that again? The tailgating, BlazerWalk, cheering at the games, Blaziin'Brigade, Red Hots.....will we have that again?

Just feel like I've died a little inside.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
      .....will we have that again?

I believe we will.

If we don't have it again I don't think it'll be because covid is still circulating. We'll eventually have a mass produced vaccine.

If we don't have it again I think it'll be the financial fallout. Could very well see schools shutting down sports programs (and maybe schools shutting down as well (I've already heard some huge numbers quoted as far as the financial impact of covid to schools as well as their athletic programs)).
      Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 08-12-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Rambling thoughts...

Of course I am going to miss the football, the tailgating, the catching up with old friends that I only run into at Tiger Stadium but I am a little worried about the student-athletes. Some of them would have no interest in school if not for athletics and athletics is what keeps them enrolled. I hope that UWA has the foresight to offer additional support during this time.

I know of a preferred walk-on that chose a school because he wanted to play football. He turned down academic scholarships at another. After a couple of days of class, season cancelled.

Joe Burrow had an interesting take on the cancellation. He said that if this had happened to the 2019 season, he would probably be looking for a job now he is the #1 draft choice.

UWA had announced plans to renovate Tiger Stadium after the season, not sure what this does to those plans.

UWA football coach says decision to cancel fall season felt like 'a gut punch'

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/uwa-f...xhC9NFTqcfCY0#

Comment

Sad......I was looking at some on my football albums on Facebook.......and was wondering, will it ever be like that again? The tailgating, BlazerWalk, cheering at the games, Blaziin'Brigade, Red Hots.....will we have that again?

Definitely feel like I died a little on the inside as well. Fall will not be the same.
          Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

I know I'm bringing up an old topic, but they said postponed until at least Jan 1. What do you think the odds are of Spring football? And what do you think it will look like? What do you think the upsides and down sides of a spring season will be? Let's get some interest going here.

Comment

Originally posted by Shugley View Post
              I know I'm bringing up an old topic, but they said postponed until at least Jan 1. What do you think the odds are of Spring football? And what do you think it will look like? What do you think the upsides and down sides of a spring season will be? Let's get some interest going here.
              Upside, we might get more interest and tv time as it would be the only football going at the time.

Comment

The NCAA approved a plan earlier this week for FCS to play a shortened season in the spring along with playoffs. Perhaps a D-II plan will soon be announced.

Comment

The SAC is playing a 4 game conference schedule with a championship game. Regular Season is March 13-April 10. All teams have one open date. Teams are allowed to play up to 7 games total meaning the league is open to non-conference games. Any word on the Gulf South's plans?

Comment

Originally posted by cneagle99 View Post
                    The SAC is playing a 4 game conference schedule with a championship game. Regular Season is March 13-April 10. All teams have one open date. Teams are allowed to play up to 7 games total meaning the league is open to non-conference games. Any word on the Gulf South's plans?
                    There is nothing on the conference website. I think an announcement would be good for morale, but I wonder if they are waiting on a vaccine announcement.

Comment

I saw on the Limestone website they are playing Shorter in 3/6.

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

Definitely feel like I died a little on the inside as well. Fall will not be the same.
                        Hey GNB. Missing all you folks in the GSC!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Hey GNB. Missing all you folks in the GSC!!
                          I'm still here, wishing we could all be together at a tailgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
                            The NCAA approved a plan earlier this week for FCS to play a shortened season in the spring along with playoffs. Perhaps a D-II plan will soon be announced.
                            This would be great, our seniors deserve at least the attempt, any chance they get started a bit sooner like late winter?

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

I'm still here, wishing we could all be together at a tailgate!
                              Maybe one day...

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X