Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 NCAA Division II Women's Soccer South/Southeast Regional Championships

The University of West Florida is pleased to serve as the host for the 2021 NCAA Division II Women's Soccer South & Southeast Regional Championships and National Quarterfinals.
    All games will be played at the UWF Soccer Complex on the UWF campus in Pensacola, Fla.

https://goargos.com/sports/2021/11/2...-regional.aspx

Last edited by Uwfalum98; 12-02-2021, 03:37 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Was hoping WFLA girls would win their soccer game. LR beat Flagler and is playing Fla. Atlantic Sunday at WFla. Go Bears

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
          Was hoping WFLA girls would win their soccer game. LR beat Flagler and is playing Fla. Atlantic Sunday at WFla. Go Bears
          They came really close, had 2 shots on goal in the last few minutes that barley missed.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

They came really close, had 2 shots on goal in the last few minutes that barley missed.
              Were they shots on goal that a save was made, or were they shots that just missed?

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Were they shots on goal that a save was made, or were they shots that just missed?
                One of each, the miss was wide left by about 6 inches and the save came by a defender in a group directly in front of the goal so it was really hard to see just how close it was. I don't usually watch soccer and have never really been a fan but it was a fun game to watch.

Comment

• Good for LR and the SAC, I seem to remember CN making the playoffs for a few years when my cousin was an All SAC softball player there. I believe the GSC has 53 Team National Championships so they are obviously strong in most sports. UWF has 9 team National Championships, Women's Soccer, Baseball, Football, Men's Golf (2), and Men's Tennis (4) And yes "State Universities" get state funds, that is how they can offer a quality education for about 1/5 of what it cost at a school like LR.

Comment

• Funny I think losing to west Florida was the best thing that could have happened to VSU, and the winning over VSU was the worse thing that could have happened to W Florida.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by VSUFOOTBALLFAN View Post
                        Funny I think losing to west Florida was the best thing that could have happened to VSU, and the winning over VSU was the worse thing that could have happened to W Florida.
                        It certainly seems to have energized VSU. The Argos didn't look remotely like the team that beat the Blazers when they played Newberry but that's football. If you don't bring your A game to the playoffs you won't be playing very long.

Comment

• OT: Lady Argos finish season at #5 in AVCA D2 Final poll of 2021

West Florida finished the season at 35-2.

https://www.avca.org/polls/dii-women...2-13-2021.html

Comment

• Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• I think they still have Commerce on the schedule next year so maybe they can get 3 in region D2 games to fill out an 11 game schedule. To me it seems absurd to punish teams for playing out of region D2 games, after all they are still D2 games.....
                              Last edited by Uwfalum98; 12-13-2021, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

I think they still have Commerce on the schedule next year so maybe they can get 3 in region D2 games to fill out an 11 game schedule. To me it seems absurd to punish teams for playing out of region D2 games, after all they are still D2 games.....
                                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X