Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWF Football 2021

12/21/2020 This Day In Argo History: 2019 - UWF Wins D2 Football National Championship
    Last edited by Uwfalum98; 01-20-2021, 11:42 AM.

UWF Football Adds 10 Mid-Year Transfers

https://goargos.com/news/2021/1/27/u...transfers.aspx

Comment

Did UWF lose a lot in the off-season?

Comment

Originally posted by Blazernerd04 View Post
        Did UWF lose a lot in the off-season?
        The biggest losses from 2019 were the top 2 receivers and 3 three year starters on the OL. I'm guessing there have been more during this extended off season, but I don't know first hand.

Comment

Looking at the 24 transfer players added since the Covid cancellation of the 2020 season, the Argos pick up 17 D1 players with 4 Power 5, 8 Group 5 and 5 FCS. All 5 of the LB picked up are D1, 7 are linemen, 1 each at LS, kicker and an Australian punter, 4 WR, 1 TE, 2 DB and 1 6'5" prostyle QB. One of the more interesting transfers is a local Pensacola player, Jabir Frye, who graduated from Troy State and was used at QB/RB in high school and as a kick returner at Troy. He ran back a kick 99 yards against Clemson in a near upset by Troy. He's only 5'7", but fast, quick and elusive. I can't wait to see him in action in front of the home crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
            Looking at the 24 transfer players added since the Covid cancellation of the 2020 season, the Argos pick up 17 D1 players with 4 Power 5, 8 Group 5 and 5 FCS. All 5 of the LB picked up are D1, 7 are linemen, 1 each at LS, kicker and an Australian punter, 4 WR, 1 TE, 2 DB and 1 6'5" prostyle QB. One of the more interesting transfers is a local Pensacola player, Jabir Frye, who graduated from Troy State and was used at QB/RB in high school and as a kick returner at Troy. He ran back a kick 99 yards against Clemson in a near upset by Troy. He's only 5'7", but fast, quick and elusive. I can't wait to see him in action in front of the home crowd.
            D1 transfers can be a boost to fill a gap, but they can also be a bust in the longterm as it undercuts your program building via recruiting. We saw that with Terry Bowden at UNA.

Comment

I agree that transfers are a double edged sword that can help and hurt depending on how the coaches handle them. They are just an increasing segment of the landscape of college football now, especially D2. The Argos seem to have made good use of them so far, especially on defense. The Argo coaches like to have experienced transfer linebackers since year one of the program and the four transfers they picked up follow this pattern.

Comment

Argos add 3 star RB from Birmingham, AL.

Jaquel Fells, Jr.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaquel-Fells-Jr-46083402/

https://twitter.com/UWFFootball/stat...59833505857537
                Last edited by Uwfalum98; 02-03-2021, 08:59 PM.

Comment

UWF Football 2021 Signing Day Central

Comment

Kaleb Nobles (Co-Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach/Director of Football Operations at UWF) has been hired as a full time assistant of Offensive Player Development at Clemson.

Swinney officially announces staff changes for 2021

Congratulations to Coach Nobles, maybe we will see him coaching UWF or VSU one day.

Had no idea that Nobles was recruited by Clemson before going to VSU.

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2011/0...ck-to-clemson/

https://www.tigernet.com/recruit/Kaleb-Nobles-1200
                    Last edited by Uwfalum98; 02-05-2021, 09:00 AM.

Comment

So much talent. Can't wait for UWF football to be back in the fall! I think it could be the best West Florida team so far.
                      * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                      * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                      * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                      * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                        So much talent. Can't wait for UWF football to be back in the fall! I think it could be the best West Florida team so far.
                        On paper it certainly looks like the deepest most talented team the Argos have had, but the games aren't played on paper, and I would expect another strong group of teams in the GSC this year. I just hope we will be able to actually go to the games and have a full season in the fall. Can't wait, Go Argos!

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

On paper it certainly looks like the deepest most talented team the Argos have had, but the games aren't played on paper, and I would expect another strong group of teams in the GSC this year. I just hope we will be able to actually go to the games and have a full season in the fall. Can't wait, Go Argos!
                          Agreed on paper looks great, but much rather see live action. Coach Shinnick says Argos will have 11 game schedule in 2021 and I hope we can watch in person and I also hope Texas A & M Commerce will be coming to Blue Wahoo.

Comment

Agreed on paper looks great, but much rather see live action. Coach Shinnick says Argos will have 11 game schedule in 2021 and I hope we can watch in person and I also hope Texas A & M Commerce will be coming to Blue Wahoo.
                            Commerce 2022 schedule shows us at UWF on 9/17.

Comment

Argos travel to Texas A&M Commerce September 18, 2021.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X