• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSU Football 2021

Cooley, Statesmen Add 23 to the #DSUFamily on NSD 2021
    https://gostatesmen.com/news/2021/2/...-nsd-2021.aspx
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

I like the identity that Cooley is going for with this recruiting class. It will pay off in the long term. Some people will live and die by the transfer portal. It seems that Cooley is putting is trust and faith in his vets and wanting the 4 year guys to be the future of the program. I like this recruiting class.

Comment

Coach Cooley Football Press Conference
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5cJjKNEglw

Comment

Any news from the Delta?

Comment

Statesmen Football Adjusts This Week's Spring Practice Schedule
          https://gostatesmen.com/news/2021/3/...-schedule.aspx

Posting due to the joint practice with Ouachita Baptist; a former GSC member. Are any other GSC schools conducting a joint practice?

Comment

What's up with Delta State and West Georgia playing twice? Both games in Carrollton, too.

2021 Schedule: https://gostatesmen.com/sports/football/schedule

2021 Delta State University Football Schedule

Scheduled Games
            September 2, 2021 (Thursday) 6:00 PM Home Bethel University (Tenn.) Cleveland, Miss. Parker Field at McCool Stadium
            September 11, 2021 (Saturday) 6:00 PM Home McKendree University Cleveland, Miss. Parker Field at McCool Stadium
            September 18, 2021 (Saturday) TBA Away University of West Georgia Carrollton, Ga.
            September 25, 2021 (Saturday) TBA Away Jackson State University Jackson, MS
            October 2, 2021 (Saturday) 6:00 PM Home University of West Florida Cleveland, Miss. Parker Field at McCool Stadium
            October 9, 2021 (Saturday) TBA Away Valdosta State University Valdosta, GA
            October 16, 2021 (Saturday) 2:00 PM Home North Greenville University Cleveland, Miss. Parker Field at McCool Stadium
            October 23, 2021 (Saturday) TBA Away University of West Alabama Livingston, AL
            October 30, 2021 (Saturday) 2:00 PM Home Shorter University (Ga.) Cleveland, Miss. Parker Field at McCool Stadium
            November 6, 2021 (Saturday) 2:00 PM Home Mississippi College Cleveland, Miss. Parker Field at McCool Stadium
            November 13, 2021 (Saturday) TBA Away University of West Georgia Carrollton, Ga.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
              What's up with Delta State and West Georgia playing twice? Both games in Carrollton, too.

2021 Schedule: https://gostatesmen.com/sports/football/schedule

Per the UWG web page, the second game is not listed as a GSC game.

Comment

With two non-D2 games, the Statesmen had to have another D2 game to be playoff eligible. I assume scheduling must be tough for them to take this route.
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                  With two non-D2 games, the Statesmen had to have another D2 game to be playoff eligible. I assume scheduling must be tough for them to take this route.
                  Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Per the UWG web page, the second game is not listed as a GSC game.
                  That's what I figured. Though, I wish it would have been a home and an away game, instead of both away.

Comment

Wow, an NAIA and D1 game on the same schedule. The JSU game makes sense, but it does scare me. They've had a spring season to get used to their new coach and they have more scholarships and big time transfers. Having said that, the last time we played JSU we went to the national championship... So... Maybe lightening will strike twice!!!

Comment

Why would McKendree University be considered a GSC game?

I enjoy playing Delta State. The Blazers always seem to struggle with the Okra.

I hope Coach Cooley has mellowed a bit, It is painful to watch him on sidelines with neck veins bulging out.
                      <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                        Why would McKendree University be considered a GSC game?

I enjoy playing Delta State. The Blazers always seem to struggle with the Okra.

I hope Coach Cooley has mellowed a bit, It is painful to watch him on sidelines with neck veins bulging out.
                        The schedule isn't showing McKendree as a GSC game.

Comment

Do any other DSU alumni donate to the football program?

Comment

Comment

<>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X