Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolf_13 View Post
    Jax State headed to FBS and joining CUSA. That puts the ASUN back to 5 football schools.

https://www.al.com/sports/2021/11/ja...rence-usa.html
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Interested what it will mean for the GSC. I know ASUN wanted to get to 8 or 10. I guess theoretically Jax State leaving opens up another spot and there are talks that if WKU leaves for MAC that EKU could potentially fill their spot in CUSA. A lot of dominos left to fall.

Comment

The Southland has been decimated. The remaining teams are going to have to go somewhere, or the conference is going to have to replenish. A merger is very possible.

Comment

Definitely, a lot more shuffling to do and I'm sure it will affect D2 more and more. The Southland situation is interesting, for sure. UNA had some really competitive games with SE LA and Nicholls earlier this season.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

NCAA releases draft of streamlined constitution that would give power to schools

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...-power-schools

Will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
              NCAA releases draft of streamlined constitution that would give power to schools

<>

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

I have not read the ESPN article. One that I read from a different source stated that each division will set its own rules, including membership requirements. I won't be shocked if the "power conferences" split D-I or force many of the lower-end budget schools to drop sports or move divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

I have not read the ESPN article. One that I read from a different source stated that each division will set its own rules, including membership requirements. I won't be shocked if the "power conferences" split D-I or force many of the lower-end budget schools to drop sports or move divisions.
                  The financial disparity between top programs and lower programs is 10's of millions. There really has to be a clearer delineation than FBS vs FCS. The FCS should be known as Division 1, as it is with other sports and the special designation FBS is appropriate for the elite programs.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

The financial disparity between top programs and lower programs is 10's of millions. There really has to be a clearer delineation than FBS vs FCS. The FCS should be known as Division 1, as it is with other sports and the special designation FBS is appropriate for the elite programs.
                    How/who decides which is elite? Everyone is going to think they are elite.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

How/who decides which is elite? Everyone is going to think they are elite.
                      As long as you can afford the price of admission you're elite.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

As long as you can afford the price of admission you're elite.
                        Bingo.

Comment

McNeese has announced that, for now, it is staying in the Southland but that it is committed to moving to FBS. This will help delay the immediate downfall of the Southland, but it's not a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                            More rumors from the ASUN.

So, I've heard an updated rumor recently. And that's all it may be. But, it got a little more interesting after seeing who will be playing in the lone GSC matchup this upcoming weekend.

The rumor I've heard in the past few days is that Valdosta State and West Georgia are about to be invited to the ASUN "in the near future" along with Queens University in Charlotte. They are current members of the SAC. This person said UWF has been pursued and said they don't want to reclassify at this time.

I'm also hearing the ASUN will invite existing D1 FCS members SE Louisiana from the Southland and Tennessee Tech from the OVC, which would put the conference at 16 teams when Liberty and Jax State leave for C-USA in 2023.

Again, it all could just be a rumor but it lines up with this tweet I shared from back in September.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Someone on another board as said that UWF officials have been calling current ASUN officials about moving to D1 and what they have to do to reclassify

Comment

Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post
                                Someone on another board as said that UWF officials have been calling current ASUN officials about moving to D1 and what they have to do to reclassify
                                I should say ASUN members

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X