Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerwin Bell

Western Carolina hires former Division II champ Kerwin Bell as football coach

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/...ch/4855673001/

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
    Western Carolina hires former Division II champ Kerwin Bell as football coach

https://www.citizen-times.com/story/...ch/4855673001/
    Good for him! Back to FCS. Now, I’m curious of how his staff will look. Will Kade leave Tusculum to join him? Others from that staff or who he had at JU/VSU? Will be interesting.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Good for Bell and the Catamounts. Also, Jax U. was FCS (non-scholarship) when he coached them, not DII. Catamounts typically get some good athletes (my best friend and next door neighbor growing up attended) and they have the schollies, so Bell should be able to move the needle.

Comment

Will be interesting to see if his son Kade leaves Tusculum to go be Kerwin’s OC.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
          Will be interesting to see if his son Kade leaves Tusculum to go be Kerwin’s OC.
          I would assume so. Here’s news of two defensive hires - one with ties to VSU.
          Kerwin Bell is set to make two major hires to his new Western Carolina staff. Sources told FootballScoop on Tuesday that Justin Hinds is expected to be WCU’s defensive coordinator and Darius Eubanks is expected to join the staff in the secondary. Hinds has been Central Michigan’s defensive line coach since 2019. A former all-conference […]
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Sources on Saturday tell FootballScoop that Bell is adding his son, Kade Bell, to staff as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.

The younger Bell most recently spent the past year at NCAA Division II Tusculum College, helping lead the Pioneers’ explosive offense behind quarterback Rogan Wells.

Tusculum averaged 37.6 points per game behind Bell and Wells in the program’s five-game spring season.

Rylin Wells, who will serve as the Catamounts’ tight ends coach, also arrives at Western Carolina via Tusculum.

John Peacock is going to coach WCU’s offensive line, and JJ Lassiter is wide receivers coach. Lassiter most recently was at Gardner-Webb. Peacock also spent the past season at Tusculum, the Greeneville, Tennessee, school that competes in the South Atlantic Conference.
            With what sources tell FootballScoop is the second-largest assistant coaches’ salary pool in the rugged Southern Conference, new Western Carolina head coach Kerwin Bell quickly is piecing together a top staff in his early work to revive the Catamounts’ program. Sources on Saturday tell FootballScoop that Bell is adding his son, Kade Bell, to staff […]
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

It's official, Kade Bell is the new OC at WCU.

https://catamountsports.com/sports/f...roster-coaches

Comment

I saw this on a WCU message board.
                "I have committed to playing football and earning my master's degree at Western Carolina" - Rogan Well     
                Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
                  I saw this on a WCU message board.
                  Heard he was, but I had looked, but found nothing. Thanks.

Comment

Kerwin, Kade, and Rogan will be back together today when WCU starts their season later today. I’m very curious to see how their first game in FCS goes.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

They. lost to Eastern Carolina; 31 - 28.
                      “The two most important dates in your life, are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                        I watched most of this game and it was impressive. For a new staff and so many new players, I was proud of them.
                        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                          No. They lost to Eastern Kentucky. They play Oklahoma next week,

East Carolina played App State on Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

No. They lost to Eastern Kentucky. They play Oklahoma next week,
                            Eastern Kentucky has some Valdosta State connections as well.

Andy Richman, who is Eastern Kentucky’s OC, was the co-OC and O-Line coach for the Blazer’s 2012 NC team. In addition Edmund Kugliba played right guard on that ‘12 team (Kub was drafted in the 4th round by the Carolina Panthers but got injured and never played).

Two all around great guys and super football minds.

Comment

Saw where Kenny Benjamin is playing for them also.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X