Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWG throttled CN

UWG beat Carson-Newman 47-7 last night.

Are the Wolves that improved, or was CN experience growing pains with a new coaching staff?

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Are the Wolves that improved, or was CN experience growing pains with a new coaching staff?
    There's a post about the game already.
    https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...ig-on-the-road
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

I watched a lot of the game and I would say it was a little bit of both. The Wolves looked good, the QB was accurate and the WR's made some big plays and will be a problem for GSC DB's. The D was solid and caused multiple turnovers. CN looked like a team without an identity. The offense was indicative of a running team transitioning to a more balanced offense, (10 - 26 for only 62 yards passing and 39 - 132 yards rushing). If they don't get on the same page on O CN may be in for a long season. That being said it's only one game and CN certainly has the talent to be a good team. The Wolves outgained the Eagles 470 - 194 in total offense. Guessing the Wolves will be in the next top 25 poll.

Comment

The QB was a backup to Justin Fields in high school so he flew under the radar. I thought we could do well with Garrett Bass starting again.

Comment

Comment

Like I posted on another thread, it appears as though this year's version of the CN Eagles under Clowney's coaching, is just a shell of what the proud program used to be back in Coach Sparks era. Sad thing is, I don't foresee things getting much better for a long while.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X