Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other D2 Games Attended in Person

Of course we all love our GSC football and specific teams. Has anyone attended other D2 games without a GSC team involved? How was it?
    RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

When I was stationed in Illinois, I went to a McKendree game in 2016. The team DSU is playing today. It wasn't a bad atmosphere, decent amount of people.

I'm currently stationed in Minot, North Dakota, and will be attending the Minot State vs. Sioux Falls game today. MSU seems to be a doormat, but i'm looking forward to watching the game. They start at 1 central and the Delta State game starts at 6 central, so I won't miss the alma mater on FloSports.

I also plan on going to the Minot State vs. Minnesota State-Mankato game later this month.

Comment

Minot State had a nice small school atmosphere. Nice stadium, good band, all the things you could ask for in a DII game. I enjoyed the game, but boy is Minot State bad. I'll be going to more games when I'm off work and the game doesn't conflict with the DSU stream. I'm hoping to get a chance to see Minnesota State-Mankato and Minnesota Duluth when they come to Minot.

Comment

Went to the Minnesota State-Mankato @ Minot State game after the Delta State game. Once gain, Minot is just bad. No energy on the sideline, no swagger. Just a bad unexciting football team. MSU-Mankato looked pretty good though. They had a lot of energy. Coaches were yelling and cheering, players were talking, they were just fun to watch.

I was embarrassed for Minot. In the 3rd quarter, Minot forced a punt and as the defense was coming to the sideline, one of their players was jabbering, "They soft, punch them in the jaw and they soft!!!" This was when Mankato was up 40-3. All I could do was shake my head.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
          Of course we all love our GSC football and specific teams. Has anyone attended other D2 games without a GSC team involved? How was it?
          I haven't been to one without a GSC team but I did go to one without my team. I drove from Atlanta to Albany for the DSU/ASU regional final several years back. Sat right in front of Micah Davis' family, had some great conversation with them.
          Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Comment

I have no doubt that he is. I had a great time talking about the game and GSC football with his family.
              Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

I've actually never attended a GSC game as a fan.

Comment

The only D-II football that I have attended in person is GSC. In other sports, I have attended numerous Peach Belt Conference events.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X