X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edward Waters in FL joining D2

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.jac...emplate=ampart

Re: Edward Waters in FL joining D2

One of the craziest things I've seen in a VSU game was years ago when we played Edward Waters. They were getting whipped pretty bad and on one of our drives they were taking cheap shots on every play (with corresponding penalty flags).

Finally one of their d-linemen got so agitated he walked over, picked up the ball as the VSU offense lined up to run a play and kicked it into the stands (probably their best punt of the day).

Before the game was over I think it got so out of hand that we ended up with law enforcement on the field.

Crazy day at Bazemore-Hyder stadium.

Edward Waters being in D-2 wouldn't do much to elevate the division (actually probably the opposite).

Comment

Well at a minimum it will give FL Tech a decent travel option for an OOC game if they ever play each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
        One of the craziest things I've seen in a VSU game was years ago when we played Edward Waters. They were getting whipped pretty bad and on one of our drives they were taking cheap shots on every play (with corresponding penalty flags).

Finally one of their d-linemen got so agitated he walked over, picked up the ball as the VSU offense lined up to run a play and kicked it into the stands (probably their best punt of the day).

Before the game was over I think it got so out of hand that we ended up with law enforcement on the field.

Edward Waters being in D-2 wouldn't do much to elevate the division (actually probably the opposite).
        Amen

#BlazerNation

Comment

Did EWC accept the invite and confirm a move to D2? Or did they just receive an invitation from the SIAC? It's my understanding (from reading articles on it earlier in the week) they were only invited as of now. It was discussed in the SIAC forum that the current EWC leadership was hoping for a move to D2/SIAC down the line. It's still a relatively small private school. Would hate to see them rush into it.

SN: EWC has one of the best tiger logos I've ever seen. Kudos to the graphic artist that made it!

Comment

They still have to apply.

Comment

Edwards Water's - PURPLE THUNDER's motto must be IF YOU GOT IT FLAUNT IT. it's a quite a show - now if you can do the splits-you can flaunt it.

Warning, warning may cause gut busting laughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27OXYXgJIV8

Comment

I had forgotten about the Purple Thunder.

Very entertaining (and funny).

Comment

They are not on the new list for this year: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...d-four-members

Staten Island and Frostburg State are the only schools to start the transition this year.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post
                    They are not on the new list for this year: http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...d-four-members

Staten Island and Frostburg State are the only schools to start the transition this year.
                    They will have to apply in February 2020. Not really sure why SIAC jumped the gun and gave them such an early invitation.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
                      They will have to apply in February 2020. Not really sure why SIAC jumped the gun and gave them such an early invitation.
                      A conference invite is a requirement for the membership application. According to the article about the invitation, EWC has yet to do a feasibility study. This seems to indicate that the SIAC initiated contact with EWC. If EWC accepts the invitation, they might apply in 2020 but 2021 is probably more realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post
                        I believe the new NCAA membership year officially starts July 1, so the SIAC and EWC were planning ahead to July 1, 2020 at the earliest based on the timing of the announcement. The deadline for D2 membership for the 2020-2021 season is February 1, 2020, so this is probably around the right time to make the announcement.

Here's a synopsis of the D2 membership process:

http://www.ncaa.org/governance/becom...er-institution

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...%20Feb2015.pdf

Here are the application instructions for the 2019-2020 season:

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/fi...s_20180913.pdf
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

I agree

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X