• Show
Clear All

• VSU Football

Any news about VSU football?

Re: VSU Football

Originally posted by Blazernerd04 View Post
    They're in the weight room!

Coach Goff has been doing a great job reaching out to alumni players with his Legacy Locker program. He's had clinics for high school coaches from around the region and has been making contacts with the different high schools. Like the "community" he is building. The coaching staff has held several clinics for high school players over the summer.

Rogan Wells(QB) attended the Payten Manning QB camp this summer.

Season Ticket holders: Deadline to renew is the 19th.....better hurry. After the 19th all unsold tickets will be up for grabs. 1st come, 1st serve.

Got fundraisers going on and if you would like to join the Blazer Backers Gridiron Club, send me a message and I'll get a brochure to you.

Our VState Club boosters will be starting up soon. Contact Matt Malone to join.

For hours of VState football fun, follow the Valdosta Archives on Twitter. They have been digitizing the early football games and posting on their Twitter account. Really cool!
    The latest post is VSC vs Delta St., Nov. 9, 1991, featuring quarterback, Chris "Sparky" Hatcher!!!

Link: https://twitter.com/VStateArchives
    Last edited by BlazerLady; 07-17-2019, 04:13 PM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Blazernerd04 View Post
      I hear VSU has lost a few players to grades on the defensive side of the ball

Comment

Defense is the one area of the team that doesn't have much depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
          I imagine every team has some academic casualties. I'd expect VSU to as well.

I feel strongly that teams where the kids are focused on "Me" have statistics and "We" focused teams get rings. Heard Nick Saban on TV last night talking about that mindsets that make champions, and that's a big part of his program.

Kids that don't try on their academic work have told their teammates and coaches that the team isn't a priority for them.

I think we have enough athletes that are committed to the "We" that we can field a pretty decent team this year (in other words I don't think our fate rises or falls based on a small group of guys that weren't committed enough to the team to get their grades squared away).

Comment

How many starters returning on each side of the ball?

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
              I imagine every team has some academic casualties. I'd expect VSU to as well.

I feel strongly that teams where the kids are focused on "Me" have statistics and "We" focused teams get rings. Heard Nick Saban on TV last night talking about that mindsets that make champions, and that's a big part of his program.

Kids that don't try on their academic work have told their teammates and coaches that the team isn't a priority for them.

I think we have enough athletes that are committed to the "We" that we can field a pretty decent team this year (in other words I don't think our fate rises or falls based on a small group of guys that weren't committed enough to the team to get their grades squared away).

Comment

You're not fooling anybody. Going to rag on coach Dean some more?
                <>

Comment

Originally posted by Mad3 Boss View Post
                  Devastating news! We're down for the count. We'll have to bet our chips on the ROCK.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                    You're not fooling anybody. Going to rag on coach Dean some more?
                    I like coach dean. He recruited Roland Rivers, the former QB for Valdosta now QB for Slippery Rock.

Comment

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post
                      Devastating news! We're down for the count. We'll have to bet our chips on the ROCK.
                      This year you might as well and then wait until 2020 season to go back to the Blazers

Comment

Originally posted by vsukerosene View Post
                        Love it when folks are counting us out before the season even starts. We shall soon find out what this year's team is made of.

#BlazerNation

Comment

I know enough about the program to strongly doubt this is true.

I do know that a long championship run makes the academics side of things especially hard (but thankfully we didn't travel - had it at home the whole way through the playoffs).

I think every single kid on the team knows that you've got to handle your academics in order to play ball.

Always liked Roland a lot when he was at Valdosta and was glad (and not at all surprised) to see him do so well last year. One of the strongest arms I've seen here at Valdosta. Hope he has a great senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
                            I know enough about the program to strongly doubt this is true.

I do know that a long championship run makes the academics side of things especially hard (but thankfully we didn't travel - had it at home the whole way through the playoffs).

I think every single kid on the team knows that you've got to handle your academics in order to play ball.

Always liked Roland a lot when he was at Valdosta and was glad (and not at all surprised) to see him do so well last year. One of the strongest arms I've seen here at Valdosta. Hope he has a great senior year.

yea hopefully it isn't true. but best of luck this year. you guys are the champs for a reason. I really hope the offense stays as explosive as its been since Bell.

Comment

Any news of any transfers?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X