Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSC Roll Call

A few years ago, I'd come on the GSC forum on a Monday morning and find several ongoing conversations boasting or commiserating about our team's performance on Saturday past. Nowadays there's none of that. I'm wondering why?

Did we run off the Argo fans with our "no chest pounding" response to their every post? Have the Wolves changed personalities when they changed coaches, from flamboyant to subdued. Have we all seen the movies and know that Jason always gets the queen (or was that Sinbad), so we've thrown in the towel?

I see the number of views are in the hundreds on most threads but few comments. So, I'm wondering who is out there and what I can do to encourage you to join the party because we fight nice here :)

Ummm, what's the digital way to request a show of hands? Let's try this...

If you're on the GSC forum regularly whether you post or not PLEASE STAND UP!

I think my fandom of Atlanta sports teams has taught me to manage expectations and not get ahead of myself. Take it week by week

Comment

I use to do a Roll Call poll every year, but have forgotten how to set it up......lol.....

#BlazerNation

Comment

It's been 688 days since little Valdosta has beaten The University of West Florida. I said after that game and I've said it many times since that Valdosta will NEVER beat West Florida in football again. So far I've been right. I know it's still hard to wrap your mind around but it is a true statement. I look forward to posting when it's been 1,000 days and it will be interesting when people start to really believe that it will never happen again. It won't. It really won't happen again. 688 days and counting...
        * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
        * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
        * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
        * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

I like the banter of predicting games, but once the game is over I'm not interested in gloating or bad mouthing the coaches, players or fans since they all tried their best to win and to cheer their team on to victory. If an end of the game bad call by the ref decided the game either way I might chime in on the unfairness of it, but I'm more interested in the next game than in rehashing the old one that is over. Last week's game is just data to be used to predict next week's game.

Comment

UWG is a bit more subdued. Between Will Hall leaving, AD issues and Covid-19 we find ourselves rebuilding our fan base. Issues resolved, no where but up.

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
              It's been 688 days since little Valdosta has beaten The University of West Florida. I said after that game and I've said it many times since that Valdosta will NEVER beat West Florida in football again. So far I've been right. I know it's still hard to wrap your mind around but it is a true statement. I look forward to posting when it's been 1,000 days and it will be interesting when people start to really believe that it will never happen again. It won't. It really won't happen again. 688 days and counting...
              That's what I'm talking about, stuff like this is what sells newspapers. The only way this is possible is if the Argos go D1 before the last game of the year. So that's my response right, but I'll tell you what I'm really thinking...

I'm hoping Ivory is doing the work to improve because if he does VSU will do what we do.

If he doesn't we may make the playoffs but I doubt we'll go far.

I'm also thinking that Dean convinced me after I called for his removal after two losses and he then promptly went on a NC run that same year.

Bell convinced me from the first minute I saw his offense (he knew how to scheme guys open).

I'm as confident in Goff because he turned a doormat into a contender, but that's not in the GSC, So honestly I don't know.
              Last edited by boyblue; 09-28-2021, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
                I like the banter of predicting games, but once the game is over I'm not interested in gloating or bad mouthing the coaches, players or fans since they all tried their best to win and to cheer their team on to victory. If an end of the game bad call by the ref decided the game either way I might chime in on the unfairness of it, but I'm more interested in the next game than in rehashing the old one that is over. Last week's game is just data to be used to predict next week's game.
                The post game stuff is normally like what went wrong or what could have been done, who played well despite getting a loss, stuff like that so feel free to share your observations

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Did we run off the Argo fans with our "no chest pounding" response to their every post? Have the Wolves changed personalities when they changed coaches, from flamboyant to subdued. Have we all seen the movies and know that Jason always gets the queen (or was that Sinbad), so we've thrown in the towel?

I see the number of views are in the hundreds on most threads but few comments. So, I'm wondering who is out there and what I can do to encourage you to join the party because we fight nice here :)
                  Losing the TUNA posters has slowed the traffic. I admit that I don't stop by as often but I can't pinpoint a reason. I did enjoy the banter with delusional UWG fans during the Hall era but with the UWF fans it is not as fun bc they aren't smart enough to understand...

I'm kidding UWFers, Yall are plenty smart, please don't spit in my fries or on my burger next time I come by your work!

Comment

Well this thread is holding form 89 views and 8 posts.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                        Well this thread is holding form 89 views and 8 posts.
                        If people are viewing, but not posting, then check the "Like" box on the bottom right of a post to let folks know you are here. That gets recorded as activity for the message board, too.

#BlazerNation

Comment

There was a head coach that would print the stuff out and show to the players but he has moved on from our lovely little conference.

Comment

Present. Nothing to add at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                              Your one National Championship ring is cute.
                              Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X