Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the odds on favorite to win 1. The GSC & 2. The NC, UWF or the field

Who do you figure would be the odds on favorite to win the the GSC Championship this year? I'm thinking the odds would be heavily in favor of the field because there are four other teams with a realistic shot. So even if you gave each of those teams a 15% chance that's 60%

As far as the NC, UWF would have to be considered a longshot when taken against the field.

What do you guys think?

So far in the season West Florida and Valdosta are playing as I expected, West Georgia is playing better than expected, West Alabama and Delta State are playing worse than expected and North Greenville is an unknown until they play GSC teams. We should know a lot more about everyone after this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
      So far in the season West Florida and Valdosta are playing as I expected, West Georgia is playing better than expected, West Alabama and Delta State are playing worse than expected and North Greenville is an unknown until they play GSC teams. We should know a lot more about everyone after this weekend.
      To be the champ you have to beat the champ and UWF are playing like NC champs, I'd put their chance to win the GSC anywhere from 30% to 40%

VSU QB play is a bit concerning, but everything else is solid and the schedule is favorable, so I believe 25% is a fair estimation

So you're down on UWA & DSU, it wouldn't be a huge surprise if one of them actually won the GSC. I'll give you that MC played UWA closer than expected but other than that I wouldn't sell all my UWA stock, their shot may be diminished but even 12% is a shot.

With DSU, I guess you're looking at those two losses, but remember only one of those is a D2 loss, and that's a one point loss to UWG at their place. so I'd give them slightly less of a chance than UWG based on head to head, but it's not much less, maybe14% for DSU and 18% for UWG.

Comment

DSU playing worse than expected? How so?
        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Delta is tough. With more discipline they could win alot of games.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf King View Post
            Delta is tough. With more discipline they could win alot of games.
            They need to improve on offense big time. I love DSU, but it's going to be a rough couple of weeks if they don't get better on O. You're right, though, they could definitely be better in the discipline area.

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

They need to improve on offense big time. I love DSU, but it's going to be a rough couple of weeks if they don't get better on O. You're right, though, they could definitely be better in the discipline area.
              All that stuff is coaching, from what I've seen DSU has the talent to compete with the others. I'm guaranteeing they get at least one win over UWF, UWG or VSU this year.

I'm also feeling like one of those three will catch fire and run away with the whole kit and caboodle.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

All that stuff is coaching, from what I've seen DSU has the talent to compete with the others. I'm guaranteeing they get at least one win over UWF, UWG or VSU this year.

I'm also feeling like one of those three will catch fire and run away with the whole kit and caboodle.
                I'm hoping the JSU game is a wakeup call for the players. First and foremost that they CANNOT get off to slow starts and expect to win. Second, I'm hoping the JSU game boosted their confidence a little, knowing they can compete if they don't hurt themselves.

Comment

UWG is playing better than expected but UWA is playing worse than expected? You may very well be right that UWG is the better team but I am curious what led you to that conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

UWG is playing better than expected but UWA is playing worse than expected? You may very well be right that UWG is the better team but I am curious what led you to that conclusion.

Comment

Comment

Oooo....that sounds like a fun game. Which team will be the first to sack UWG's QB??

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X