Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's your coach, how would you rate him & familiar with any others?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's your coach, how would you rate him & familiar with any others?

I was going to do thread asking everyone to rank the GSC coaches but I realized that most of us wouldn't be familiar with all of them, for the most part we'd be guessing. So instead I figured I'd ask about your coaches.

For the most part, the ace up the Blazers sleeve is Herb Reinhard. I don't know how he does it but our AD has yet to pick a loser. I thank God we've lost one game since the arrival of Coach Goff, imagine what the expectation would be if we hadn't lost that game. We needed to be humbled, so thank you UWF (by 3 points)

I grew up in business under my Mom and anytime we were at the point where we'd be losing a great employee to a better opportunity she would say remember, the best fish in the sea has never been caught. And that is how it had been with VSU coaches. Our recent history is...

We had Coach Dean, solid coach, stressed defense, won a couple championships, (.740 win pct.), left for a better opportunity.

Then there was Coach Bell, his offense once fully implemented, could not be stopped at this level. Defense was ok but really a side note :) (.794 win pct.) He won a NC and left rather quickly with the D2 record for points scored in a season, and for an awesome opportunity.

We now have Coach Goff. His team is solid in all 3 phases, his offense is balanced with a lot of that downfield style that we love, his players seem smarter, despite the recent rash of penalties (.909 win pct.). He has yet to win a NC but I wouldn't bet against it.

In terms of other GSC coaches of course I'm familiar with Coach Dean over as UWG, believe he's a great coach. Also familiar with Coach Cooley at DSU only because the DSU contributors have painted a picture of a Les Miles type coach, a little suspect on game management. I know a little bit about UWF's Coach Shinnick. His run with the Argos has been phenomenal so the fact that WF fans believes he can walk on water is understandable.

Who is your coach and how would you rate him?

Comment

I might want a coach that gives a halftime speech like this when you're down 20 points.

https://twitter.com/UWFFootball/stat...30394216660992

Comment

Comment

Like your list but Goff hasn't gotten his NC yet, give a him a couple months. Our last NC was won by Coach Bell, but can't blame you for the mix-up because he was here for such a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
            I was going to do thread asking everyone to rank the GSC coaches but I realized that most of us wouldn't be familiar with all of them, for the most part we'd be guessing. So instead I figured I'd ask about your coaches.

For the most part, the ace up the Blazers sleeve is Herb Reinhard. I don't know how he does it but our AD has yet to pick a loser. I thank God we've lost one game since the arrival of Coach Goff, imagine what the expectation would be if we hadn't lost that game. We needed to be humbled, so thank you UWF (by 3 points)

I grew up in business under my Mom and anytime we were at the point where we'd be losing a great employee to a better opportunity she would say remember, the best fish in the sea has never been caught. And that is how it had been with VSU coaches. Our recent history is...

We had Coach Dean, solid coach, stressed defense, won a couple championships, (.740 win pct.), left for a better opportunity.

Then there was Coach Bell, his offense once fully implemented, could not be stopped at this level. Defense was ok but really a side note :) (.794 win pct.) He won a NC and left rather quickly with the D2 record for points scored in a season, and for an awesome opportunity.

We now have Coach Goff. His team is solid in all 3 phases, his offense is balanced with a lot of that downfield style that we love, his players seem smarter, despite the recent rash of penalties (.909 win pct.). He has yet to win a NC but I wouldn't bet against it.

In terms of other GSC coaches of course I'm familiar with Coach Dean over as UWG, believe he's a great coach. Also familiar with Coach Cooley at DSU only because the DSU contributors have painted a picture of a Les Miles type coach, a little suspect on game management. I know a little bit about UWF's Coach Shinnick. His run with the Argos has been phenomenal so the fact that WF fans believes he can walk on water is understandable.

Who is your coach and how would you rate him?

Comment

And the reason I'm here. I didn't follow Blazers football for years. A childhood friend called and said hey, your school is playing in the NC game!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X