Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSU has the MoJo, let's act like it!

Over the the course of history or even if you take the myopic view of some of our posters, VSU is the best team in the GSC!

The only team this century to win 4 NC's with 3 different coaches.

The highest win percentage in the history of the GSC.

Yet and still we tread lightly through this forum, taking barbs from our inferiors :)

I'm just saying guys we gotta stop letting these upstarts push us around. At first it was FIT flexing, then WG. Now these young pups figure they run things.

We've lost one game in the last three years (by 3 points) and we act like we have a .500 team. Nah man, we da big dog here!

Y'all want the crown? Play 400 games and come back with a .708 win percentage, then we can talk.

I'm saying we gat the MoJo guys, even though we don't act like it!

Shhhhh don't tell them. Show them!

Comment

I certainly don't think we are getting pushed around. I think most of us just don't feel the need to justify the other fans beating their chest. We don't have to tell them, they know.
      Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

VSU has the longevity and the consistent success year in and year out. However, UWF currently has the MOJO. Absolutely no disrespect to VSU at all, but UWF has the "Juice" right now. The momentum they have built over the past 4-5 years is unmatched.

VSU did not do in their first 4-5 years what UWF has done. VSU started football in 1982 and didn't have their first winning record until 1986. In the same time span, UWF has already been to two NC, winning one. VSU didn't win their first NC until 2004.

I respect the heck out of both programs, especially VSU since I got to play against them. But UWF has more than made a name for themselves.
        RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post
          VSU has the longevity and the consistent success year in and year out. However, UWF currently has the MOJO. Absolutely no disrespect to VSU at all, but UWF has the "Juice" right now. The momentum they have built over the past 4-5 years is unmatched.

VSU did not do in their first 4-5 years what UWF has done. VSU started football in 1982 and didn't have their first winning record until 1986. In the same time span, UWF has already been to two NC, winning one. VSU didn't win their first NC until 2004.

I respect the heck out of both programs, especially VSU since I got to play against them. But UWF has more than made a name for themselves.
          Very well said.

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
            I certainly don't think we are getting pushed around. I think most of us just don't feel the need to justify the other fans beating their chest. We don't have to tell them, they know.
            That post was a result of a sudden injection of confidence. I've been a bit skiddish all year, and then I suddenly realized that there was no need to be. Sure we could lose a game or two and we might not even win the NC this year; that all has to do with how we play on a given day, because we are certainly capable.

We'll have to see how it goes, but I like our chances.

And as for the chest pounders...

Pound on

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

That post was a result of a sudden injection of confidence. I've been a bit skiddish all year, and then I suddenly realized that there was no need to be. Sure we could lose a game or two and we might not even win the NC this year; that all has to do with how we play on a given day, because we are certainly capable.

We'll have to see how it goes, but I like our chances.

And as for the chest pounders...

Pound on

I hear ya. I will give UWF the fact that they won a title, most of the chest pounding around here that comes and goes are from teams that never backed it up. The question for UWF is can they sustain the success? I think they can, they have the resources and reside in a recruiting heaven much like our Blazers. Time will tell, I don't get the chest thumping though, particularly when it is directed at us, a program that has sustained success, however I just laugh at it.

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

I hear ya. I will give UWF the fact that they won a title, most of the chest pounding around here that comes and goes are from teams that never backed it up. The question for UWF is can they sustain the success? I think they can, they have the resources and reside in a recruiting heaven much like our Blazers. Time will tell, I don't get the chest thumping though, particularly when it is directed at us, a program that has sustained success, however I just laugh at it.
                Preach Bro!

I have to admit, the regular Argo posters aren't that bad. It was just that initial NC barrage that was a bit much, but none of it is as pervasive as the sweater vest days.

Comment

Preach Bro!

I have to admit, the regular Argo posters aren't that bad. It was just that initial NC barrage that was a bit much, but none of it is as pervasive as the sweater vest days.
                  Yeah, we had to sit through two renditions of sweater vest chest pumping, little brother's and the directional school in Alabama. At least UWF won a title before they started.

Comment

I'm saying we gat the MoJo guys, even though we don't act like it!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X