Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UWA Historical Question

Just looking at GSC media guide and noticed in early 70s UWA had a strong program. Then in 1977 UWA went to the cellar - what happened? Coaching change, admin change or other. WARTIME or others clue me in.

Re: UWA Historical Question

Coaching change

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the history UWARTIME. WOW I did not know that UWA had a NC in their history.

Comment

Andrews went to UNA as HC for four pretty dismal seasons before Clemson hired him as DC.

Crowe was hired by UNA as OC for two seasons before Pat Dye hired him at Wyoming for one season before they moved on to Auburn.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Comment

Emelle says when he was still in knickers, The Tigers beat Florida State. He says it's so, and it was too early in the day for him to be drunk. (I get my best info from him before 10am)

He also told me Jack Crowe was the best assistant coach he's ever known. He developed the no huddle offense under Jim King, and went 0-10 when he took over as HC.
              He says (not sure I believe this) that the Citadel has a statute of him in their sports complex....something to do with when Crowe was HC at Arkansas.....
              Redeemed himself at Jax State towards the end of his career.
              Last edited by Larold; 08-08-2019, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Until Dee Outlaw hired Bobby Wallace, UWA only put in enough money in the football program to ante, look at their cards, and fold. Sometimes we only anted and didn't look at our cards. We were playing at the high roller table when we should have been playing penny slots.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post
                  Until Dee Outlaw hired Bobby Wallace, UWA only put in enough money in the football program to ante, look at their cards, and fold. Sometimes we only anted and didn't look at our cards. We were playing at the high roller table when we should have been playing penny slots.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
                    Emelle says when he was still in knickers, The Tigers beat Florida State. He says it's so, and it was too early in the day for him to be drunk. (I get my best info from him before 10am)
                    That happened in 1949, when FSU was in its third year of football, having been a women's college from 1905 to 1947. The Seminoles were still good by small-college standards (9-1 with a Cigar Bowl win), and Livingston State Teachers College was the only team to beat them.

Comment

Is this the same Mickey Andrews from Florida State fame?
                      Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post
                        Is this the same Mickey Andrews from Florida State fame?
                        That is correct brother.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                          That is correct brother.

Cool man, I had no idea he had coached UWA.
                          Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X