• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That didn't look like kick catch interference but oh well, play on

Comment

<>

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
        UWA's streaming feed seems much better this week.
        I typed too soon. The game is coming down to the wire, and the video goes dark.

Comment

I typed too soon. The game is coming down to the wire, and the video goes dark.
          It's up, and these refs are working hard for West AL

Comment

Ridiculous

Comment

Neither team wants to win this game.

Comment

Wow, that was crazy...

Comment

Congrats to the fighting Okra.

Comment

These refs should have their flags retired!!

<>

Comment

How many chances did West Al get? WOW!

Congrats, Okra!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Neither team wants to win this game.
                        Other than the facemask that forced the final play, the other game extensions were courtesy of the Homecoming Committee, I'm sorry I meant the Refs

Comment

Welp, this is what makes the GSC the GSC, any given Saturday.
                          RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                          Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Wow, wow, wow. First of all, a big congrats to DSU on getting this victory. I think Coach Cooley needed it in order to save his job I imagine. Our offense had around 200 yds more than DSU. GSC Secondary's are really starting to expose our QB and WR's. I thought our defense played just as well as DSU's. If not for the pick 6, we would have won. Video was a lot better by FLO. I'm sure I'm going to be labeled a Homer here, but GSC officiating was GSC officiating. Nothing different. I'm sure some of the other GSC schools have had victories this year where their opponents had way more penalty yards then that home team did. I saw a DSU PI as clear as day not called and the Ref was right there. I also saw a call that should not have been called on DSU. I would love to see the day when we all just accept what GSC officiating is, and that is, it's not good. It is what it is. The 'Homecoming Committee' comment earlier, I mean come on, seriously. UWA couldn't afford to pay refs even if they wanted to. As I've pointed out before, I know a true football knowledgeable VSU guy on this forum named getnasty that some football fans could probably learn a lot from in regards to whether you win or lose, blaming a loss (or a win, haha) on the refs just doesn't look or sound good when it comes to talking football, especially GSC football. I'm not sure I've ever witnessed the blame game on the refs and a particular team when that team actually lost the game. Again, DSU, great game. I like that Freshman QB. Is Shegog hurt or demoted? Defense played hard especially when it counted. Very conditioned those guys are. I see UWA maybe beating MC and maybe NGU possibly, so 8-3 at best this year. Not enough for playoffs though. Looks like it is VSU, UWF and UWG's to lose in regards to PO spots this year. Hopefully all 3 will make it in. I'm concerned about UWA's play calling on that very last drive. A few runs when less than a min with no timeouts. Head scratcher. We also should have taken the points in early in the 1st instead of going for it on 4th. Too many red zone opp's with either FG or no pts. You could have 800 yds offense and thats not going to win you any games. Homecoming in West AL will be low key tonight I imagine.

I will say it was an exciting on the edge of your seat game. That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                              I'm concerned about UWA's play calling on that very last drive. A few runs when less than a min with no timeouts. Head scratcher. We also should have taken the points in early in the 1st instead of going for it on 4th. Too many red zone opp's with either FG or no pts..

Comment

Well to be honest, I was trying to be polite when saying "concerned". I really thought UWA was playing better offensively this year, and our defense has definitely improved, and we've been a little more disciplined then in years past, but nothing personally against DSU, but when you have a team that hasn't figured out how to win several games like DSU, granted, DSU has hurt themselves in a lot of them, but just as much as this was a must win for Cooley, I think this was sort of a must win for Gilliland from the perspective of 'win all the games your supposed to win' at the very minimum, and take out 1 or 2 of the big dogs, if you can. We just don't match up well with DSU. Haven't for a while lately. NGU either. They always play more physical then we do when we play those guys in SC. As far as Coach Gilliland's job is concerned, unless he just really starts tanking for a couple of years in a row, i.e. consecutive losing seasons, I think Coach Gilliland will be able to coach at UWA till he retires due to being a UWA alum, having won the GSC once, not much of a championship winning tradition so no pressure in that dept., and recently becoming the winningest coach in UWA history, probably some other reasons I can't think of at this moment, but I just don't see UWA being anywhere close to flirting with that idea currently. Not trying to throw our QB under the train, but this is a fact: Our QB has been in the 30's in percentage completion the last 2 weeks, as well as a Pick 6 in each of the last 2 games also. Take that for whatever its worth. I also noticed during the pick 6 tonight and in several of his throws, he does not keep his head on a swivel. He focuses on his primary WR every time it seems like. Now, is that on a QB or is that on Coaching? I'm not a Coach or a Football expert to know the answer to that. My gut says it's on the QB to start with his primary and check down to his secondary then tertiary receivers, obviously as quick as possible. Our QB was getting pressured pretty consistently tonight so that may have played a role as well on not looking around for other WR's. No matter what, it was very disappointing loss. Good news is, we have several players that should make All-GSC this year, primarily on defense. Terrell has 2 sacks and 5 TFL's tonight. Lilly had 2 sacks and 2 TFL's. Lewis has 3 INT's overall leading the GSC. Terrell leads the GSC in sacks and TFL's after this week I believe, and Lilly is right behind him. Our P needs to get better or demoted. Surely we can recruit a P from our Soccer team. I like our running game. It's coming along really nice. If someone had told me we would have rushed for over 250 yds against DSU and hold them to under 100 with Owens and Dampier, I would have said we won by 20 or 30. Our Red Zone killed us last year against DSU and it bit us again this year against DSU. It's a head scratcher and it was just DSU's time to win. Unfortunately it came against us. DSU should beat Shorter, but I see them probably losing to MC and to UWG (again). Oh, and one more bit of good news of the season, we also beat UWG this year in their house, I got to show my 5 yr old boy how to clean a squirrel this past week, and muzzle loading deer season started today.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X