Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

C'mon guys I didn't mean you actually paid the refs. I'm on the record, I believe 100% in the integrity of our refs. I didn't see the penalties but I'm sure the calls were legitimate. But you have to admit it was a curious ending. It was actually fun watching a GSC game without a dog in the hunt, normally VSU benefits clearly by either one or the other team losing, but in this game neither team is directly in our playoff path.

There's really no need to dive deep into this one though, It's simple. DSU was desperate for a win and UWA did not play well. The same thing could have happened to any of the now top 3 teams. You have to play well to be assured of a victory in the GSC. I mean sometimes you may luck out and have the opponent play poorly but that's unlikely at this point in the season.

UWA is clearly the better team based on their resume, as a matter of fact I expected a comfortable win for UWA, but the best teams have bad days, the next level is wining when you don't play well enough to, and that's coming, just hang in there.

Don't give up though you're not 8-3 yet and even so that may be enough to get into the playoffs. As far as long term, if the top 3 teams are grade A, UWA is definitely a B+, your problem like 90% of all football teams, is a difference maker at QB. I'm liking your trajectory, it just takes time, you have to keep getting better with practice and game reps.
      Last edited by boyblue; 10-23-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I've heard for several years about "the big coaching problem at Delta State". I saw a "big coaching problem" tonight and it wasn't Delta State.

About the video feed. Those announcers are just radio guys from up the road. They have nothing to do with the stream. They weren't even aware of the camera moving to the visitors side."Tigers are moving from left to right" yeah, on the radio dial.

Just one more for thing.... I have had to restart, sign back in, and/ or deal with "invalid this or that" at least 10 times while posting this. WHAT"S UP??

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

I've heard for several years about "the big coaching problem at Delta State". I saw a "big coaching problem" tonight and it wasn't Delta State.

About the video feed. Those announcers are just radio guys from up the road. They have nothing to do with the stream. They weren't even aware of the camera moving to the visitors side."Tigers are moving from left to right" yeah, on the radio dial.

Just one more for thing.... I have had to restart, sign back in, and/ or deal with "invalid this or that" at least 10 times while posting this. WHAT"S UP??
          Had the same issue. Next time you log in, click the "Remember Me" box.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

This happened to. me a few weeks ago. I had to delete D2 football and reinstall it. Problem solved.

Congrats Okra !!

<>

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
              I'm concerned about UWA's play calling on that very last drive. A few runs when less than a min with no timeouts. Head scratcher. We also should have taken the points in early in the 1st instead of going for it on 4th. Too many red zone opp's with either FG or no pts. You could have 800 yds offense and thats not going to win you any games. Homecoming in West AL will be low key tonight I imagine.
              UWA let roughly 20 seconds run off of the clock on that last drive. It ended up not costing them due to the penalties, but I really didn't understand the last two play calls.
              Last edited by Rational Observer; 10-25-2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

UWA let roughly 20 seconds run off of the clock on that last drive. It ended up not costing them due to the penalties, but I really didn't understand the last two play call.

Comment

Wild Buffalo Wings
                  <>

Comment

Okay folks, I just watched the replay on FLO of the last minute and a half which was UWA's last drive. Here is what I saw and I think anyone with eyes would see if they watch the replay. 1. The 1st penalty against DSU was face masking and it was clear as day because the QB's helmet was pulled completely off of him. 2. The 2nd penalty was called illegal substitution on DSU when they intercepted in the end zone. I did not see illegal substitution, but what I did count was 12 DSU players on that play when the ball was snapped. Now maybe the official call for 12 players is illegal sub., I don't know, but it shows clear as day 12 DSU players when the ball is snapped. 3. Final flag of this drive is face mask again on #6 Junior Faulk. Great play, except he pulled him down by the face mask. You can see #6's head slump down when 3 flags were thrown. He realized what he did. Now, that being said, I'm sure there were some bad calls and bad no calls throughout the rest of the game, but those 3 calls on DSU in the last 1:30 were all legit. Again, it almost feels like UWA won and I'm having to defend our win, but in reality, I'm having to defend our loss? What's that all about? Strange. Watch the film! Do your due diligence as a fan whoever that may fall on or if the shoe fits, wear it. Also, maybe some board members should apply for GSC officiating. Go Tigers!

Comment

Okay folks, I just watched the replay on FLO of the last minute and a half which was UWA's last drive. Here is what I saw and I think anyone with eyes would see if they watch the replay. 1. The 1st penalty against DSU was face masking and it was clear as day because the QB's helmet was pulled completely off of him. 2. The 2nd penalty was called illegal substitution on DSU when they intercepted in the end zone. I did not see illegal substitution, but what I did count was 12 DSU players on that play when the ball was snapped. Now maybe the official call for 12 players is illegal sub., I don't know, but it shows clear as day 12 DSU players when the ball is snapped. 3. Final flag of this drive is face mask again on #6 Junior Faulk. Great play, except he pulled him down by the face mask. You can see #6's head slump down when 3 flags were thrown. He realized what he did. Now, that being said, I'm sure there were some bad calls and bad no calls throughout the rest of the game, but those 3 calls on DSU in the last 1:30 were all legit. Again, it almost feels like UWA won and I'm having to defend our win, but in reality, I'm having to defend our loss? What's that all about? Strange. Watch the film! Do your due diligence as a fan whoever that may fall on or if the shoe fits, wear it. Also, maybe some board members should apply for GSC officiating. Go Tigers!
                      Illegal substitution is the call for 12 (or more) players on the field.

Comment

Last edited by UWAalum; 10-25-2021, 12:57 PM.

Comment

There were actually 4 flags, and I looked, they were all legitimate. The one you didn't include was a holding call with :01 on the clock. It wasn't the refs and it wasn't UWA, It was just the weird circumstances, the unlikely series of events. 7 plays inside of 18 seconds is kinda uncommon. I've never seen two untimed downs.

My comment that the refs were the homecoming committee was unfair and unjustified and for that I apologize. And I sure wish UWA had won the game because it would be more likely that the GSC get 4 teams into the playoffs. But, win out and you're in.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

There were actually 4 flags, and I looked, they were all legitimate. The one you didn't include was a holding call with :01 on the clock. It wasn't the refs and it wasn't UWA, It was just the weird circumstances, the unlikely series of events. 7 plays inside of 18 seconds is kinda uncommon. I've never seen two untimed downs.

My comment that the refs were the homecoming committee was unfair and unjustified and for that I apologize. And I sure wish UWA had won the game because it would be more likely that the GSC get 4 teams into the playoffs. But, win out and you're in.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

Comment

Haha. Yes how dare you boy blue. Haha.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X