Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post

Why would you want to play them twice?
    My thoughts exactly playoff rematches are worst than rivalry games. If we had lost, it would make sense to want rematch but am good until 2022.
    Last edited by BlazerCat1999; 11-01-2021, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post

I'll give you one or two
      • I think our guys would want the opportunity to show that we're better than we showed yesterday
      • Putting them out of the PO will be revenge for 2014 &2015 when they put us out and then squandering two shots at a NC
      • We're clearly the better team. Yards gained is a more accurate indicator of superiority than final score
      • Man for man we're a better team, sure they could beat us but their chance would be the same 30% they had yesterday
      • Because we have a better coach. He has the team ready to play, Dean's teams sometimes slept through 1st halves
      • Any chance you get to beat your rival you take it

Comment

• I don't know, historically when teams rematch in the playoffs the team that won in the regular season has a tendency to lose in the playoffs.
        Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

• Massey has a 2-loss UWG ~ ranked 5th.

https://masseyratings.com/cf/ncaa-d2/ratings
          <>

Comment

• Originally posted by getnastyblazers View Post

I don't know, historically when teams rematch in the playoffs the team that won in the regular season has a tendency to lose in the playoffs.
            This seems to be a strictly VSU issue. Using Rational Observer's numbers, there have been 15 instances (going back to 1994) of teams winning a game and facing a rematch. VSU has lost 4 out of 6 games. The rest of the GSC has lost only 3 of 9 games. The only other team that is upside down on this is UWA and they've lost 2 of 3.

Comment

• There's no other team in our region that can beat UWG or UWF, we'll face a replay before we get out of the region anyway, so why try to avoid it.

Comment

I'll give you one or two
                • I think our guys would want the opportunity to show that we're better than we showed yesterday
                • Putting them out of the PO will be revenge for 2014 &2015 when they put us out and then squandering two shots at a NC
                • We're clearly the better team. Yards gained is a more accurate indicator of superiority than final score
                • Man for man we're a better team, sure they could beat us but their chance would be the same 30% they had yesterday
                • Because we have a better coach. He has the team ready to play, Dean's teams sometimes slept through 1st halves

Comment

I'll give you one or two
                  I've been looking at this the wrong way. ( I know what you're say BB, just couldn't resist being a SA)

Comment

• Rational Observer asked a question and I figured I'd try to come up with an answer. Once I got going...

Comment

• Originally posted by Larold View Post

I've been looking at this the wrong way. ( I know what you're say BB, just couldn't resist being a SA)
                      It's not the 95 Theses, I kinda feel like Martin Luther. Maybe I should have posted the list on the church door as well.

Comment

It's not the 95 Theses, I kinda feel like Martin Luther. Maybe I should have posted the list on the church door as well.
                        Haha. Happy Reformation Day.

#BlazerNation

Comment

• Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Haha. Happy Reformation Day.
                          I have not thought about Martin Luther since 1979 (high school), so my little wise crack about the 95 Theses was not inspired by the fact that Sunday was Reformation Day, I had to Google it when I saw BL's response (BTW, I love smart people), it freaked me out.

Comment

This seems to be a strictly VSU issue. Using Rational Observer's numbers, there have been 15 instances (going back to 1994) of teams winning a game and facing a rematch. VSU has lost 4 out of 6 games. The rest of the GSC has lost only 3 of 9 games. The only other team that is upside down on this is UWA and they've lost 2 of 3.
                            I can't argue with numbers, especially since I work in a data field but in my mind it has happened more than that. It applies though, since we were talking about VSU.
                            Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

I have not thought about Martin Luther since 1979 (high school), so my little wise crack about the 95 Theses was not inspired by the fact that Sunday was Reformation Day, I had to Google it when I saw BL's response (BTW, I love smart people), it freaked me out.
                              Hahaha......what happens when you have good Sunday School teachers growing up.....now they were smart.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X