Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UOTE=Uwfalum98;n621860]

I believe Albany State beat Mississippi College 24-0 and also beat Shorter early in the season.
    [/QUOTE]

Good point with MC although as mentioned first game jitters most likely contributed to their loss.

As for Shorter, most everyone(especially GSC teams) have beaten them, most handily.

Saturday vs Ft Valley gives them a nice stage.

Comment

West Bama can settle the question this weekend by beating UWF.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

Good point with MC although as mentioned first game jitters most likely contributed to their loss.

As for Shorter, most everyone(especially GSC teams) have beaten them, most handily.

Saturday vs Ft Valley gives them a nice stage.

LOL, first game jitters? Imagine if VSU or UWF lost a season opener and someone said "well that one doesn't count, they had first game jitters". Lol... What about the other 5 games MC loss?

Albany is the only team to hold VSU to less than 30 points. If the GSC is the SEC of D2 football even its weakest teams should not be shoutout by non conference opponents.

At the end of the day if you can't put a W the win column you have more work to do, jitters or not.

Lol can't stopped laughing at the thought. "MC was shoutout by Albany State because of first game jitters"... lmao

Comment

If you want to see why VSU and UWF is so good, check these stats out,

https://gscsports.org/stats.aspx?pat...ball&year=2021

<>
          Last edited by Wide_Right; 11-08-2021, 01:24 PM.
          <>

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerCat1999 View Post

LOL, first game jitters? Imagine if VSU or UWF lost a season opener and someone said "well that one doesn't count, they had first game jitters". Lol... What about the other 5 games MC loss?

Albany is the only team to hold VSU to less than 30 points. If the GSC is the SEC of D2 football even its weakest teams should not be shoutout by non conference opponents.

At the end of the day if you can't put a W the win column you have more work to do, jitters or not.

Lol can't stopped laughing at the thought. "MC was shoutout by Albany State because of first game jitters"... lmao
              Happy to make you laugh. Sounds like you need to laugh.
              If you have never witnessed "first game jitters, miscues, adjustments,etc" you haven't been following closely.
              I'm not going to write book on this(I wouldn't want you to stop laughing), but history no doubt shows MANY teams who stumble early and go on to accomplish great things.
              AND OBTW, LOL,IMHO, LMAO, FOFL, the opposite is also true.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                If you want to see why VSU and UWF is so good, check these stats out,

https://gscsports.org/stats.aspx?pat...ball&year=2019
                Careful with this link, for some reason it goes to 2019, I ran into this multiple times this year. If you hit the stats tab again it will pull in 2021 #s.

BTW, does anyone know who to contact about GSC stats. Why do they not include fumbles in team stats? I got the # on DSU fumbles from NCAA site.

Comment

Here are the 2021 stats:

https://gscsports.org/stats.aspx?pat...ball&year=2021

Comment

If you have never witnessed "first game jitters, miscues, adjustments,etc" you haven't been following closely.
                    I'm not going to write book on this(I wouldn't want you to stop laughing), but history no doubt shows MANY teams who stumble early and go on to accomplish great things.
                    Lol and MC has not gone on to accomplish great things. They may in the future. Yet, Albany State has. #22 in the nation, #3 in region, have held all of their opponents to 12 or less points (expect VSU), 4 shoutouts, #1 scoring D is D2.

Dont be sour. Not laughing at you but the thought. The idea that a successful team's whole season and ranking is in doubt because of the "miscues" from one team is funny.

You were not the 1st to mention the "jitters". I just quoted you as a reference. Im just here to talk football, have fun and laugh when the time requires.

Go Blazers!

Comment

I can't believe that we're debating this, start with the the fact that there is no preseason add to that the fact that ideally a football season is a process of getting better each week. Barring injury, the most vulnerable point for every team is that first game.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

I can't believe that we're debating this, start with the the fact that there is no preseason add to that the fact that ideally a football season is a process of getting better each week. Barring injury, the most vulnerable point for every team is that first game.
                        True, the 1st game is vulnerable point for every team, win or loss. I am pretty sure both teams used that 1st game as an opportunity to see what they needed to improve on.

The debatable part of this is that the winning team only won because the losing team wasn't ready to play. That they can't be called a good team because the team that struggled should be better than them.

Comment

2012. Lost our first two games. Won a NC.

#BlazerNation

Comment

UWA is in the playoff's, their first round game is this coming Saturday.

Comment

DSU snubbed once again this week... Can't believe it...

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                                2012. Lost our first two games. Won a NC.

What was this Albany State? I thought we only lost the opener?
                                <>

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X