Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

In your history UWA has finished only 2 seasons with 2 losses 1995 & 2017 and both times they made the playoffs. However in 2006 the national 14th ranked Blazers were left out of the playoffs with 2 losses. Although I think that was due to earned access.

2009 & 2012 you made the PO with 4 losses

Tell you what, you do your part & I promise we'll get y'all in by leaving no doubt the following week.
    Not sure where your info came from, in 95 we had 2 wins. But you are correct on 2017. 2012 was 2 d2 losses, the 4th was a loss in the playoffs the other was a d1 loss. 2013 2 d2 losses and no playoffs. Having to play NAIA, D3 or whatever else to get games has been and will be a problem in Livingston, play a d1 to pay some bills...
    Last edited by UWAalum; 11-04-2021, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Note: Tuskegee would have been #1 if not abstaining.

Comment

Originally posted by UWAalum View Post

Not sure where your info came from, in 95 we had 2 wins. But you are correct on 2017. 2012 was 2 d2 losses, the 4th was a loss in the playoffs the other was a d1 loss. 2013 2 d2 losses and no playoffs. Having to play NAIA, D3 or whatever else to get games has been and will be a problem in Livingston, play a d1 to pay some bills...
        I fixed the typo, I use college football results. I didn't check opponents so there may have been years where losses were to D1 or NAIA opponents. In any event the selections were mathematical in the past and becoming more so, now with the performance indicator.

Comment

However in 2006 the national 14th ranked Blazers were left out of the playoffs with 2 losses. Although I think that was due to earned access.
          I just checked, and actually it was not. Valdosta State was 7th in the final regional rankings; the team bumped for earned access was Wingate.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I just checked, and actually it was not. Valdosta State was 7th in the final regional rankings; the team bumped for earned access was Wingate.
            Yep. Blazers were not happy campers that year.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Note: Tuskegee would have been #1 if not abstaining.
              You made note of VSU's win over FVSU. FVSU was a D-II in-region game. That's a different animal than a D-III team and a made up team.

Comment

Wow! so do you think that contributed to them expanding to 28 teams a couple years later?

Comment

Wow! so do you think that contributed to them expanding to 28 teams a couple years later?
                  In a 28-team field, Valdosta would have been the team bumped by earned access.

Comment

Even with the change in EA qualification (having to be in the top 10)

Comment

Even with the change in EA qualification (having to be in the top 10)
                      The EA team was ranked 8th.

Comment

Ah, earned access, You get a blue participation star.
                        <>

Comment

The EA team was ranked 8th.
                          No telling what damage we would have done in the PO that year, because we've had our share of early exits but I would have liked a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post
                            UOTE=Uwfalum98;n621860]

I believe Albany State beat Mississippi College 24-0 and also beat Shorter early in the season.
                            Good point with MC although as mentioned first game jitters most likely contributed to their loss.

As for Shorter, most everyone(especially GSC teams) have beaten them, most handily.

Saturday vs Ft Valley gives them a nice stage.[/QUOTE]

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by ASURamFan View Post

Good point with MC although as mentioned first game jitters most likely contributed to their loss.

As for Shorter, most everyone(especially GSC teams) have beaten them, most handily.

Saturday vs Ft Valley gives them a nice stage.
                              [/QUOTE]

Albany St. whupped the daylights out of FVSU. Still not sure why UWF is ranked ahead of UWG when UWG beat them. Looks like everything will stay the same.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                                Albany St. whupped the daylights out of FVSU. Still not sure why UWF is ranked ahead of UWG when UWG beat them. Looks like everything will stay the same. [/QUOTE]

yes they did, Have you looked at ASU and FVSU schedules?
                                I'm really hoping ASU is in the playoffs. They'll have their chance to showcase that mighty D.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X