5 West Georgia 7-2 7-2
    6 Mars Hill 6-2 6-2
    7 Newberry 7-2 7-2
    8 West Alabama 6-2 6-2
    9 Savannah State 7-2 7-2
    10 Lenoir-Rhyne 6-2 6-2
    https://web1.ncaa.org/champsel_new/e.../staticpdfrank

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings
    Last edited by Uwfalum98; 11-02-2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Interesting even tho it's early.
      I have to wonder how strong Albany State is. They seemed to have struggled with Morehouse, a team both UWG and UWA beat badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Larold View Post

I have to wonder how strong Albany State is. They seemed to have struggled with Morehouse, a team both UWG and UWA beat badly.
        And yet we struggled with them Bubba.
        <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

And yet we struggled with them Bubba.
          Y'all were mear pups then.

Comment

Mars Hill and Newberry just behind West Georgia is a head scratcher. Maybe just my head.

Comment

So the committee takes competition over head to head and record? Big wins?

Head to Head: UWA over UWG at UWG by 18
              Record: Same
              Competition: UWG lost by 2 at VSU; UWA lost by 25 to VSU at UWA.
              Big Wins: UWG has UWF; UWA has no big wins.

so what am I missing fellas? Nothing against UWG at all, I was just thinking we should be right behind them at the very least.

Comment

None of this makes sense. Nothing against Mars Hill and Newberry, but UWA's 6-2 is much stronger than both of theirs. UWG should be ahead of UWF by virtue of their head to head win. I don't care that they have 2 losses, everyone is going to lose to Valdosta this year (Calling a Ferris State/VSU championship btw, you heard it here first). Savannah State getting any love also makes no sense. Blown out by VSU and Albany State in an otherwise not great SIAC.

I realize this all plays out in the end with UWF vs UWA/VSU, Wingate vs MH and Newberry, but it's just silly. The SAC has 0 ranked teams yet two are above ranked UWA.

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                  So the committee takes competition over head to head and record? Big wins?

Head to Head: UWA over UWG at UWG by 18
                  Record: Same
                  Competition: UWG lost by 2 at VSU; UWA lost by 25 to VSU at UWA.
                  Big Wins: UWG has UWF; UWA has no big wins.

so what am I missing fellas? Nothing against UWG at all, I was just thinking we should be right behind them at the very least.
                  When it's close in terms of W-L & SOS the difference may come down to the quality of wins by teams you've beaten, but it doesn't matter for UWA because it comes down to UWF, win and you're in, lose & you're out.

In terms of what you're missing, it's really not you. D2 has a formula and it isn't based on national ranking, it's based on a series of data points. It's not linear and there are so many levels to it that looking from a fan's perspective the results can be surprising. A couple things jump at you right away,

All D2 wins are equal, a win against VSU is as good as a win against MC. What gives one win more value than the other is the teams that VSU beat have a better record than the teams that MC beat.

A 48 point blowout counts the same as a 1 point victory, but elements of every game matter because in close results, stuff like total yards gained fit into the performance category - a sort of tie breaker
                  Last edited by boyblue; 11-02-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post

When it's close in terms of W-L & SOS the difference may come down to the quality of wins by teams you've beaten, but it doesn't matter for UWA because it comes down to UWF, win and you're in, lose & you're out.

In terms of what you're missing, it's really not you. D2 has a formula and it isn't based on national ranking, it's based on a series if data points. It's not linear and there are so many levels to it that looking from a fan's perspective the results can be surprising. A couple things jump at you right away,

All D2 wins are equal, a win against VSU is as good as a win against MC. What gives one win more value than the other is the teams that VSU beat have a better record than the teams that MC beat.

A 48 point blowout counts the same as a 1 point victory, but elements of every game matter because in close results, stuff like total yards gained fit into the performance category - a sort of tie breaker
                    Exactly BB.
                    I'd say UWA has a chance. It all depends on which "Jack" shows up. One of the league's best one week, not even close another week. No in between.

Comment

Coach Goff said on his radio show last night that the committee looks at everything. He said you wouldn't believe how deep they go into the numbers, looking at every possible statistic. He said that they want to make sure that the regional teams are indeed the top teams in the region.

#BlazerNation

Comment

I do hope UWA makes in.
                        <>

Comment

Comment

Not discounting, just questioning. First game jitters tend to equalize teams early.
                            Here again, only a question, Who have they played since game 1?
                            This Saturday vs Ft Valley MAY tell us something. Miles, Clark, Morehouse, Benedict,Edward Waters haven't told us much.

Comment

Not discounting, just questioning. First game jitters tend to equalize teams early.
                              Here again, only a question, Who have they played since game 1?
                              This Saturday vs Ft Valley MAY tell us something. Miles, Clark, Morehouse, Benedict,Edward Waters haven't told us much.
                              I believe Albany State beat Mississippi College 24-0 and also beat Shorter early in the season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X