Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VSU vs UWF

Well if the UWF/UWG game was any indication, we're in for a battle - a 4 quarter out and out war!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Comment

<>

Comment

I thought about going downtown to the game but I may just watch it on TV instead. Should be a great one!!
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Perfect weather is forecast for the long anticipated GSC finale and I expect this game will break the Blue Wahoo attendance record set earlier this year for the West Georgia game. The teams are very similar in many respects, but go about their business with a different style and emphasis which makes for a great matchup. Valdosta runs more than they pass and West Florida passes more than they run, but both teams can do both effectively.

Both teams are in the plus side in sacks (+25 each) and turnovers (+9 VSU; +7 UWF), but the Argos are on the plus side in penalty yards per game (+8) while the Blazers are substantially on the minus side (-30). Advantage Argos.

The Blazers run for more yards per game (269 vs. 155), but give up more yards on defense (171 vs. 112) than the stingy Argos who have held 5 teams under 100 yards this season. The Argos have always had problems defending mobile QBs and the Blazers' QB Durham is just that type of QB. Advantage Blazers.

The Blazers have not played a prolific passing team like the Argos this year since every team they have played ran the ball more than they passed it. The Argos give up more yards through the air, but that's due to teams passing twice as much since they can't run the ball against the Argo run defense and because they are usually playing from behind. The Argos have thrown for twice as many TDs than the Blazers and they are slinging it at home. Advantage Argos.

The Blazers run kickoffs back a little better while the Argos punt and return punts a little better with the FG for both about the same. Even.

The Blazers have a slight edge on 3rd and 4th down conversions and defending the conversions. Edge to Blazers.

The Argos are playing for their first chance to win a GSC title at home where they have never beaten the Blazers. The Blazers are itching to pay back the Argos for the 2019 playoff loss at Valdosta and both are angling for home field in the playoffs. Motivation even.

Who wins? No one knows, but I'm taking the Argos at home because the Blazers have not seen a passing offense or a run defense like the Argos this year and the Argos seem to be peaking on both sides of the ball. Argos by 4.
            Last edited by Argonut; 11-07-2021, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
              The Argos are playing for their first chance to win a GSC title at home where they have never beaten the Blazers. The Blazers are itching to pay back the Argos for the 2019 playoff loss at Valdosta and both are angling for home field in the playoffs. Motivation even.
              The most the Argos can win is a share of the championship. The GSC does not do tie breakers.

Comment

Gonna be an incredible game and will be the marquee matchup nationally in D2, Hate that I had to relocate this fall or I would be there front and center!!

Comment

Originally posted by Argonut View Post

..... the Blazers have not seen a passing offense or a run defense like the Argos this year and the Argos seem to be peaking on both sides of the ball. Argos by 4.
                  <>

Comment

It's tough when you always get everybody's best punch.
                    Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

Last edited by Argonut; 11-08-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

We'll try to keep up.......

#BlazerNation

Comment

Normally this game is no fun for me because I'm stressed for the duration. I can enjoy this one because a loss doesn't cost us much...

If we win
                          • We get the 1 seed & a bye week
                          • We win the GSC championship outright
                          • We get a 2nd round game with the winner of the 5.UWG vs 4.UWF 1st round game
                          • If we got to round three we would then face the winner of the 2.Bowie State vs 3.Albany round 2 two game
                          If we lose
                          • We will most likely get the 1 seed & a bye week
                          • We win a share of the GSC championship
                          • We get a 2nd round game with the winner of 5.UWG vs 4.Albany State
                          • If we got to round three we would then face the winner of the Bowie State vs West Florida round 2 two game
                          Of course there's more to it, like momentum going into the PO, bragging rights, the win streak etc. but in terms of the stuff that really counts, we're good either way.

Comment

Heading over to Pensacola this Saturday for the big game. Are there any good game day restaurants fairly close to the stadium?

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerGrad86 View Post
                              Heading over to Pensacola this Saturday for the big game. Are there any good game day restaurants fairly close to the stadium?
                              The stadium is downtown, there is pretty much any type of cuisine that you could ask for. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X