Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-Champions!

In the event of a three-way tie in which Team A beat Team B and Team B beat Team C but Team C beat Team A not having a tiebreaker makes some sense. However, in the event of a two-way tie with a head-to-head matchup, the head-to-head should be the deciding factor.

The rules are the rules though. This isn't the first time the GSC has had co-champs.
    Last edited by Rational Observer; 11-15-2021, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I think one year when the Arkie schools were in the GSC there was like 5 GSC champs, right?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'll take the contrarian view here... Having a split title is fair for two teams that have the same record against the same conference schedule. A head-to-head shouldn't negate the fact that one team lost to West Georgia and the other team didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                    I'll take the contrarian view here... Having a split title is fair for two teams that have the same record against the same conference schedule. A head-to-head shouldn't negate the fact that one team lost to West Georgia and the other team didn't.

Comment

But at the same time, it means UWF has a worse loss.

Comment

But at the same time, it means UWF has a worse loss.
                        I think you may have become one with the NCAA D2 numerical analytics :-)

Comment

Regardless of what you call it, I doubt either coaching staff is going to mention the other school when they are recruiting against one another. If you take a look at the "twitterverse" there were a bunch of high priority recruits at the game Saturday night and landing some of them could very well be the biggest positive for the Argos from the win.
                          Last edited by Uwfalum98; 11-16-2021, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UWARTime View Post
                              I think one year when the Arkie schools were in the GSC there was like 5 GSC champs, right?
                              No. The most has been 3 conference champions in a season. 1988/2000/2010

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...Media_Book.pdf
                              RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                              Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X