X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SR2 Playoff Field

Top Seed: Valdosta State Blazers

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

As you can imagine, people on Twitter have opinions. What they don't realize is that UWF wasn't in the mix to get that top seed. Now, if I was a Bowie State fan, I'd likely be giving some strong side-eye to the committee. (Although, I didn't realize they had a loss to FCS Delaware State.) But, at the end of the day, it's really just about winning the games no matter who is ranked where or playing where. UWF has proven that you don't need to be top-ranked or the home team to win it all. That's the fun of this time of year!

Yay D2 Playoffs!! The fans deserve a great post-season of fun games!!!
    Last edited by UNALions; 11-14-2021, 04:12 PM.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

1. Valdosta State (9-1)
      2. Bowie State (10-1) vs. Lenoir-Rhyne (8-2)
      3. West Florida (9-1) vs. Newberry (9-2)
      4. Albany State (10-1) vs. West Georgia (8-2)
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
        As you can imagine, people on Twitter have opinions. What they don't realize is that UWF wasn't in the mix to get that top seed. Now, if I was a Bowie State fan, I'd likely be giving some strong side-eye to the committee. (Although, I didn't realize they had a loss to FCS Delaware State.) But, at the end of the day, it's really just about winning the games no matter who is ranked where or playing where. UWF has proven that you don't need to be top-ranked or the home team to win it all. That's the fun of this time of year!

Even to make it this far is a tribute to all the programs and the dedication of the players. Thank you coaches and players for giving us fans more weeks of D2 football!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

I can understand how fans who aren't familiar with how the regional committees rank teams in D2 would be upset. VSU's numbers were so far above anyone else that it certainly isn't surprising to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post

I can understand how fans who aren't familiar with how the regional committees rank teams in D2 would be upset. VSU's numbers were so far above anyone else that it certainly isn't surprising to me.
            I think many think of college football and playoff eligibilty and seeding in simple terms of W/Ls, who you played, and your final national ranking. I was one until I learned more about D2 a couple of years ago (and I still have questions). Regional play/records aren't a consideration in FBS and FCS football -- remember, those are the programs that get the most attention.....

Comment

I like our seeding... no complaints from me....

Comment

My only complaint is that most of the playoff games in SR2 are at the same time. These are going to be some great games and it's hard to watch 3 games at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwfalum98 View Post
                  My only complaint is that most of the playoff games in SR2 are at the same time. These are going to be some great games and it's hard to watch 3 games at a time.
                  Absolutely.
                  Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Seeding are fine. Albany State is the closest road trip of all the teams. Unfortunately in SR2 the road to the championship is through the GSC. So glad no GSC team had to play each other first round. Seeding would have been interesting if we had not lost to West Al. VSU or UWF will both have to lose for us to advance.

Good games to all GSC. At least the first round.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X