Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HBCU weakness

It's hard to win a NC. Now imagine if you tried to win one with all brown eyed players or all right handed players, or all blond players or all bowlegged players or... get my point?

I won't get into all the sciences (political or social) but as coach Prime is doing at Jackson State, I believe coaches at all HBCU's should recruit the best players they can, otherwise they're just playing with one hand tied behind their backs.

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
    Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Did you ever watch The White Tiger?

Grambling's White Tiger - Wikipedia

Comment

What in the world? What kind of nonsense is this?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          Did you ever watch The White Tiger?

Grambling's White Tiger - Wikipedia
          You can watch the movie for free here. https://tubitv.com/movies/518840/gra...ger?start=true

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
              It's hard to win a NC. Now imagine if you tried to win one with all brown eyed players or all right handed players, or all blond players or all bowlegged players or... get my point?

I won't get into all the sciences (political or social) but as coach Prime is doing at Jackson State, I believe coaches at all HBCU's should recruit the best players they can, otherwise they're just playing with one hand tied behind their backs.
              Come on man! Are you serious!?

Any student of any race can attend a HBCU. Many choose not to because of fasle narratives being pushed like this one. Many HBCUs have students of different backgrounds playing for them. Albany State has a coach who is white. In most cases HBCUs get the players that were not recruited to attend schools with alot more money and coverage. Just like many D2 programs get the guys that just did not cut it for the FBS or FCS.

HBCU stands for historically black college and university. This is because once in time these schools were the only places Black, Mexican American, and Native Americans could go to recieve higher education. They have never been closed to student of other races like most of our nation's institutions of higher learning.

It is clear this thread was started because of the response to Bearof in another thread. If you are going to start a thread dedicated to "the weakness of HBCUs" or any such subject you really need to dive into the political and social which you clearly lack. A topic like this needs facts and sources. If you could not add one fact to support your topic you should have left it in the draft box.

Homework: lookup the history of college football. Especially the period around desegregation; when traditionally all white universities started to go take talent away for HBCUs.

This thread should be an embrassment to all VSUs fans here! Out of all the D2 programs we have done a great job of scheduling HBCUs. Albany, Fort Valley, Savannah, Edward Waters, plus the few we have faced in the playoffs.

You are right Coach Prime is working to change the level of talent at HBCUs but he is simply working to reverse history and return HBCU to the powerhouses. Don't cry when 4 and 5 start recruits start to pass up UGA for FAMU. And he is only talking about FBS and FCS level. D2 will countine to recruit players that did not or could not make it in football's top tier That problem is not special to D2 HBCU programs.

I rather be talking about VSU and UWG right now but again post like this can not go uncorrected!

Go Blazers and good luck Bowie State!!

Comment

Because you are an HBCU doesn't mean you don't recruit players who are not Black. The question is what "other" races want to go to a HBCU. When they are interested in attending, they are welcomed with open arms. HBCU's were created because back in the day, they were the only schools we could go to. I have played with and coached White players at Bowie State. The topic instead should be, how is a school with 12 scholarships hanging with the big boys who have much more resources. Ignorance is bliss and the more the "HBCU" wins, the more the true color of some of your posters are revealed.
                Last edited by BSURover31; 11-22-2021, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerCat1999 View Post

Come on man! Are you serious!?

Any student of any race can attend a HBCU. Many choose not to because of fasle narratives being pushed like this one. Many HBCUs have students of different backgrounds playing for them. Albany State has a coach who is white. In most cases HBCUs get the players that were not recruited to attend schools with alot more money and coverage. Just like many D2 programs get the guys that just did not cut it for the FBS or FCS.

HBCU stands for historically black college and university. This is because once in time these schools were the only places Black, Mexican American, and Native Americans could go to recieve higher education. They have never been closed to student of other races like most of our nation's institutions of higher learning.

It is clear this thread was started because of the response to Bearof in another thread. If you are going to start a thread dedicated to "the weakness of HBCUs" or any such subject you really need to dive into the political and social which you clearly lack. A topic like this needs facts and sources. If you could not add one fact to support your topic you should have left it in the draft box.

Homework: lookup the history of college football. Especially the period around desegregation; when traditionally all white universities started to go take talent away for HBCUs.

This thread should be an embrassment to all VSUs fans here! Out of all the D2 programs we have done a great job of scheduling HBCUs. Albany, Fort Valley, Savannah, Edward Waters, plus the few we have faced in the playoffs.

You are right Coach Prime is working to change the level of talent at HBCUs but he is simply working to reverse history and return HBCU to the powerhouses. Don't cry when 4 and 5 start recruits start to pass up UGA for FAMU. And he is only talking about FBS and FCS level. D2 will countine to recruit players that did not or could not make it in football's top tier That problem is not special to D2 HBCU programs.

I rather be talking about VSU and UWG right now but again post like this can not go uncorrected!

Go Blazers and good luck Bowie State!!

Comment

you're weird.. did you not look up if what you were saying was true before posting? This post is as wild as the entirety of the COVID OT forum.

Comment

:) As serious as a UWG fan dreaming of a win in Valdosta this Saturday... Go Blazers!

Comment

RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
                        Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Comment

I started to read the responses but I stopped because It seems you guys missed my point. All of what you explained is known. I know these schools are open to all and I am not so naive as to believe that efforts are not being made to diversify. Although I went to VSU I had cousins that attended Fort Valley, many great men have been educated at HBCU's. Believe me I'm not knocking these institutions for being closed to "others". That's not the point.

These institutions are serious about education and historically, do a darn good job with a lot less. I have a deep appreciation for ASU specifically because my Fraternity's chapter at VSU was founded with the aid of Brothers from ASU. Trust me, this is not a put down. As a matter of fact it's just the opposite. Because these schools are so awesome (I've had occasion to visit most of the ones in Georgia), I believe someone's doing a poor job of spreading the word.

But my point was not about the schools, their non black enrollment is 22% and rising, They're doing well. It was about the football teams. If the football teams matched the student body I'd be satisfied. If the counter point here is that coaches sign the best players they can, I would argue that you can only sign who you recruit. I could be wrong but, just believe they can do better.
                            Last edited by boyblue; 11-23-2021, 10:22 AM.

Comment

No question the opportunity is there. I do however question that fact that it is widely known. The question commonly asked on Google "Can white players play at HBCU?" Currently there is no answer, there is a link to an article that moves the discussion to the fact that celebrities' kids are playing at HBCU's. I sent a request that they at least post "Yes"

Before we assume they know can we at least tell them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X