Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowie St. vs Valdosta St -- NCAA Quarterfinals

The road to the National Championship continues...........

Bowie State travels to Valdosta State on Saturday. 1:00pm start time.

Ticket Info:
    Sales begin Monday at 9am either online at vstateblazers.com or call 229-333-SEAT
    Reserved $20(call to get those). General Admission(Home & Visitor)- $12. Youth & Seniors- $8

Season Ticket holders have until Wednesday at 5pm to purchase their regular seats.

Parking: (see campus map below)
    Williams St.(north side of stadium). University Center Parking lot. Communications Bldg. parking lot(#40 on map). Fine Arts Building Parking lot.(#37 on map)
    Parking Deck(#42 on map) at the Corner of Brookwood and Oak St.
    First come basis - no charge.

Tailgating:
    Blazer fans: Williams and Jane St., UC Parking lot
    Alumni: Alumni house on Patterson(#44 on map)
    Visitors: The park next to stadium- Drexal Park
    First come basis.

Restrooms: In the UC and stadium

Campus Map: https://www.valdosta.edu/about/docum...Campus_Map.pdf

#BlazerNation

Good luck Blazers! Y'all were very classy once again on Saturday and I wish y'all the best this postseason. Go win that title

Comment

Originally posted by City of Dreams View Post
      Good luck Blazers! Y'all were very classy once again on Saturday and I wish y'all the best this postseason. Go win that title
      Thank you. Hated to see several of your players go down on Saturday. Hope it is not too serious. You all had another good season. Expect to have another good rivalry game or two next year.

#BlazerNation

Comment

BSU's average PPG on offense through 13 games is 33.0. Their average PPG on defense is 12.69.

VSU's average through 11 games is 44.27 PPG on offense and 19.27 on defense.

VSU was only held under 30 points once, and that was the rain delay game against Albany State's very good defense (ranked #1 in D-II for total defense).

I just don't see BSU being able to stop the Blazers; however, VSU hasn't been able to stop teams with high-functioning offenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Observer View Post
          BSU's average PPG on offense through 13 games is 33.0. Their average PPG on defense is 12.69.

VSU's average through 11 games is 44.27 PPG on offense and 19.27 on defense.

VSU was only held under 30 points once, and that was the rain delay game against Albany State's very good defense (ranked #1 in D-II for total defense).

I just don't see BSU being able to stop the Blazers; however, VSU hasn't been able to stop teams with high-functioning offenses.
          Bowie is going to need a few 8 minute drives to shorten the game if they're going to have a chance. If the score gets into the 30's VSU will likely have the advantage.

In terms of stops, UWG moved the ball pretty good, but we did get 9 stops as opposed to 4 in the earlier UWG game and the UWF game. I do get your point though, teams seem to be playing into our hands, they get some success running and the start passing or they get some success passing and quit.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That's why we play the game! Yep it's always to fun to clap and yell at a ball game. Great stress release!! Woohoo!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Hey, as long as you are in the game, you have a chance. Those who don't have a chance are sitting at home for the remainder of the season. Lace them up and may the best team win.

Comment

One of the downsides of Valdosta State making the playoffs is hearing non South Georgia/North Florida newscasters and sport reporters mispronounce Valdosta. :)

Its not Val-dose-ta" or "Val-duh-ta".

The all knowing internet says the pronunciation is
                    "Val-dow-stuh". I don't agree with that but close.

Its more like "Val-dah-sta". lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerCat1999 View Post
                      One of the downsides of Valdosta State making the playoffs is hearing non South Georgia/North Florida newscasters and sport reporters mispronounce Valdosta. :)

Yeah.....the last one.........lol.....

#BlazerNation

Comment

Johnson the QB for Bowie was banged up Saturday. If he isn't 100%, I think it'll be a similar score to the 2018 playoff match up. Still think the Blazers win but his health determines how close the game will be.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerCat1999 View Post

LOL, we definitely can relate. You have no idea how many people pronounce Bowie (boo-we) as if its Bow-we

Comment

Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 11-29-2021, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Nice breakdown

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X