Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DII Championship game has been changed to 9 pm EST

Just found out that the Nat'l Championship game will be played at 9 pm EST this year. For as long as I can remember, the championship games have all been played around noon. In my personal opinion, this has to be one of the most idiotic changes that I've seen in quite a while. I think it completely ruins the fan experience of celebrating after the game. No doubt it has something to do with more $$$ for the NCAA.

Welcome BlazerGrad86! So, like what????

That would be like 8pm Central.
    Last edited by BlazerLady; 12-03-2021, 09:08 AM.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Not sure if it's a 1 hour or 2 hour time difference in TX, but it still puts the game finishing up very late. Having been fortunate enough to attend 3 of the Blazers' 4 Nat'l Championships, half the fun was being able to celebrate with the team and coaches after the game and into the evening.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerGrad86 View Post
        Not sure if it's a 1 hour or 2 hour time difference in TX, but it still puts the game finishing up very late. Having been fortunate enough to attend 3 of the Blazers' 4 Nat'l Championships, half the fun was being able to celebrate with the team and coaches after the game and into the evening.
        That's true. Well phooey!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-03-2021, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Anywho. we gotta win a couple of games first.......

#BlazerNation

Comment

Im out in TX, its only a 1 hour difference. This change may be good for 2D and players in the game. Moving the game to 8/9pm makes it a primetime game. There are no FBS or FCS games on the 18th I believe. Which means more people may tune in. Dallas is a big city. If the games ends around 10:30-11pm central there will still be plenty of places open to celebrate a win.

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post

Comment

Originally posted by BlazerLady View Post
                  Never count your eggs before they are laid.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

Never count your eggs before they are laid.
                    Exactly, I'll worry about the game time if we get there.
                    Go Blazers, Braves , Falcons, Hawks and Jackets!

Comment

If VSU gets to the game, I can possibly make it if it is at 8 pm. So, that works for me. Were the game at noon, I would likely still be in Galveston when it started.
                      Roar Lions, Charge On Chargers, Roll Tide Roll!!!!!

Comment

Just found out that the Nat'l Championship game will be played at 9 pm EST this year. For as long as I can remember, the championship games have all been played around noon. In my personal opinion, this has to be one of the most idiotic changes that I've seen in quite a while. I think it completely ruins the fan experience of celebrating after the game. No doubt it has something to do with more $$$ for the NCAA.
                        <>

Comment

Looks like the Natty will be broadcast on ESPNU

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf_13 View Post
                            Looks like the Natty will be broadcast on ESPNU
                            Wow. And the semis were on ESPN+. Why is ESPN downplaying D2? Heck, they only put one FCS playoff game this past weekend on their regular station and the rest were streaming. On a day when there was literally one FBS game.
                            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post

Wow. And the semis were on ESPN+. Why is ESPN downplaying D2? Heck, they only put one FCS playoff game this past weekend on their regular station and the rest were streaming. On a day when there was literally one FBS game.
                              It looks like the 4 letter network has already transitioned to college basketball season on their main stations.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X